* TeX on sourceware?
@ 2000-05-27  2:01 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-05-27  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

I'm thinking of extending GDB's documentation update script so that it
makes available a PDF verson of the documentation.  Would it be possible
to have TeX and dvipdf installed.

	Andrew

(perhaphs it is already installed)

* Re: TeX on sourceware?
@ 2000-05-27 15:28   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-05-27 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313; +Cc: overseers

> Would it be possible to have TeX and dvipdf installed.

I've installed most of the tetex-* packages and also xpdf (but I now
see the latter only has pdftops which is the wrong way around).  So
this would allow postscript but not pdf.

If dvipdf is in Powertools, then it is no problem, just tell me the
package name.  If it isn't, then my enthusiasm starts to wane...

* Re: TeX on sourceware?
@ 2000-05-31 21:40     ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-05-31 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> > Would it be possible to have TeX and dvipdf installed.
>
> I've installed most of the tetex-* packages and also xpdf (but I now
> see the latter only has pdftops which is the wrong way around).  So
> this would allow postscript but not pdf.
>
> If dvipdf is in Powertools, then it is no problem, just tell me the
> package name.  If it isn't, then my enthusiasm starts to wane...

As it turns out what was installed included pdftex.  That, a few tweeks
to src/gdb/doc and an upgrade of src/texinfo/ (yes another upgrade has
been suggested :-) and GDB's web site now includes real (1) PFD
documentation to download!

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gdb/onlinedocs/

Jim, thanks.
	Andrew

(1) By real I mean that it includes links and chapter indexes and
everything else.

* Re: TeX on sourceware?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It has been pointed out to me that ghostscript contains ps2pdf.  I've
updated it to the current (6.2) RPM (in case the old one was buggy).

I'm going to consider this solved.

* Re: TeX on sourceware?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

Jim Kingdon wrote:

> It has been pointed out to me that ghostscript contains ps2pdf.  I've
> updated it to the current (6.2) RPM (in case the old one was buggy).
>
> I'm going to consider this solved.

Jim,

Thanks!  In the mean time I've been doing more pokeing around (groan)
and have discovered pdftex...  This produces PDF files half the size of
those created by ps2pdf.

Perhaphs leave things as they are right now and wait and see what the
GDB mailing list turns up.  I'd like to be able to eventually generate a
PDF file that both has chapters in the right spot and includes hot
links...

	sorry,
		Andrew

* Re: TeX on sourceware?