* Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-06-04 15:49 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

The cygwin-xfree maintainer is complaining about "unannounced changes" to
the ssh configuration on sourceware.  He seems to think that he now
always needs to provide his login id with each scp operation.

Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
Personally, it sounds very much like a problem on his end to me but I
was just curious.

cgf

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-06-04 17:04   ` Jim Kingdon
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-06-04 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgf; +Cc: overseers

> Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?

I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
many words).

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-06-04 18:03     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-04 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 08:04:17PM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
>
>I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
>now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
>many words).

I did ask for it but he had cc'ed "sourcewamaster@cygnus.com" so...
Anyway, it's below.

Supposedly he could just type 'ssh sourceware.cygnus.com' so I don't
really understand what's happening.

cgf

ssh -v sourceware.cygnus.com ls

SSH Version 1.2.14 [winnt-4.0-x86], protocol version 1.4.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.
ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 0
Connecting to sourceware.cygnus.com [205.180.83.71] port 22.
Connection established.
Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.26C2
Waiting for server public key.
Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
Host 'sourceware.cygnus.com' is known and matches the host key.
Initializing random; seed file C:\users\ssiddiqi/.ssh/random_seed
IDEA not supported, using 3des instead.
Encryption type: 3des
Sent encrypted session key.
Received encrypted confirmation.
Trying RSA authentication with key 'ssiddiqi@toddler'
Server refused our key.
Permission denied.

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-06-04 18:07     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-04 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 08:04:17PM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
>
>I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
>now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
>many words).

I just got word that the user wants to drop the issue so i guess there
is no reason to investigate this any further.

@ 2000-06-04 22:16     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-06-04 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: cgf, overseers

  In message < 200006050004.UAA13646@devserv.devel.redhat.com >you write:
  > > Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
  >
  > I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
  > now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
  > many words).
Me neither.

jeff

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 08:04:17PM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
>
>I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
>now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
>many words).

I just got word that the user wants to drop the issue so i guess there
is no reason to investigate this any further.

cgf

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: cgf, overseers

  In message < 200006050004.UAA13646@devserv.devel.redhat.com >you write:
  > > Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
  >
  > I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
  > now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
  > many words).
Me neither.

jeff

From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 08:04:17PM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> Has anything changed on sourceware that could account for this?
>
>I didn't change anything.  Have him send you the "scp -v" output (I
>now see from the sourcemaster mail that you didn't ask for it in so
>many words).

I did ask for it but he had cc'ed "sourcewamaster@cygnus.com" so...
Anyway, it's below.

Supposedly he could just type 'ssh sourceware.cygnus.com' so I don't
really understand what's happening.

cgf

ssh -v sourceware.cygnus.com ls

SSH Version 1.2.14 [winnt-4.0-x86], protocol version 1.4.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.
ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 0
Connecting to sourceware.cygnus.com [205.180.83.71] port 22.
Connection established.
Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.26C2
Waiting for server public key.
Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
Host 'sourceware.cygnus.com' is known and matches the host key.
Initializing random; seed file C:\users\ssiddiqi/.ssh/random_seed
IDEA not supported, using 3des instead.
Encryption type: 3des
Sent encrypted session key.
Received encrypted confirmation.
Trying RSA authentication with key 'ssiddiqi@toddler'
Server refused our key.
Permission denied.

* Re: Any recent changes to ssh on sourceware?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jim Kingdon
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgf; +Cc: overseers