* ezmlm-reject vs. sources.redhat.com
@ 2000-07-04 23:28 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-04 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

If I try to send to xconq7@sources.redhat.com, I get an error:

  ezmlm-reject: fatal: List address must be in To: or Cc: (#5.7.0)

This appears to because /qmail/lists-sourceware/xconq7/outhost
contains sourceware.cygnus.com rather than sources.redhat.com.

So, is there a way around this (in which sourceware.cygnus.com and
sources.redhat.com will both work)?  Surely we encountered the same
problem with gcc.gnu.org and egcs.cygnus.com, right?

(likewise for overseers@sources.redhat.com).

* Re: ezmlm-reject vs. sources.redhat.com
@ 2000-07-05  8:41   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-05  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

> This appears to because /qmail/lists-sourceware/xconq7/outhost
. contains sourceware.cygnus.com rather than sources.redhat.com.

OK, now I see what we've done with the gcc lists (which is to add -T
to the ezmlm-reject invocation).  I've done that for all the
non-announce lists in /qmail/lists-sourceware/ (which should be pretty
much all the lists).

For announce lists, I edited outhost to say sources.redhat.com.  This
way announcements will need to be sent to sources.redhat rather than
sourceware but it reduces the chance of undesired messages getting
through.  If this is not a good set of tradeoffs I'm sure someone will
let me know ;-).

* Re: ezmlm-reject vs. sources.redhat.com
@ 2000-07-05  9:06     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-07-05  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

d  In message < 200007051540.LAA07217@panix3.panix.com >you write:
  > > This appears to because /qmail/lists-sourceware/xconq7/outhost
  > . contains sourceware.cygnus.com rather than sources.redhat.com.
  >
  > OK, now I see what we've done with the gcc lists (which is to add -T
  > to the ezmlm-reject invocation).  I've done that for all the
  > non-announce lists in /qmail/lists-sourceware/ (which should be pretty
  > much all the lists).
It's two steps.

Add -T, but also put in the new filter jsm wrote into the "editor" file
See /qmail/lists-gcc/gcc/editor nad the line "check-for-listname" stuff.

jeff

* Re: ezmlm-reject vs. sources.redhat.com
@ 2000-07-05 11:09       ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-05 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: overseers

> Add -T, but also put in the new filter jsm wrote into the "editor" file
> See /qmail/lists-gcc/gcc/editor nad the line "check-for-listname" stuff.

Ahh, that makes sense.  Thanks.

I've made this change for the non-announce lists.  It would be pretty
easy to do for the announce lists too, if people think that would be a
good idea.  But at least for the moment I left them the way they are
(that is, requiring sources.redhat.com).

Just in case I do anything really dumb, my cell phone is +1 202 297
3567.  Of course I'm trying to avoid something really dumb, but on the
other hand you can call me even without something really dumb
involved.

* Re: ezmlm-reject vs. sources.redhat.com
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jim Kingdon