* http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-07-05 16:48 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-07-05 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

So what is involved (technically) in setting this up -> how much work
(guess).

	Andrew

* Re: http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-07-05 17:32   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-07-05 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 3963C932.3592655B@cygnus.com >you write:
  > Hello,
  >
  > So what is involved (technically) in setting this up -> how much work
  > (guess).
You need the FSF to set up a DNS record for gdb.gnu.org, this could take
a few hours or a few weeks.

If you're going to support mail to that address, then you have to be
able to support multiple injection points like the GCC lists.  Figure
an hour or so, not much.

If you want to change the canonical address for the project, then figure
a few weeks to a couple months to root out all the "sourceware.cygnus.com"
references.
jeff

* Re: http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-07-05 18:25   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-07-05 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: overseers

Andrew> So what is involved (technically) in setting this up -> how
Andrew> much work (guess).

I don't know all the answers.  What I do know:

* It was done for gcc so it is possible
* gcc was done in an ad hoc way so it isn't trivial

I thought there might be info on the sourceware pages but I looked and
didn't see anything.

In an ideal world this would be very easy to do for a project -- it
would be part of the automatic setup process.

Tom

* Re: http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-07-06 11:50     ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-06 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: ac131313, overseers

> I thought there might be info on the sourceware pages but I looked and
> didn't see anything.

I doubt anyone has tried to document it all in one place, but if you
grep through various config files you probably get a hint.  Just to
pick an example which I stumbled into, infra/bin/local-mail-only.sh
has a list of the hostnames.  There are things like that scattered all
over.

If Someone(TM) feels like centralizing this (two queries: is this one
of my host names?  and is this a valid hostname for project FOO?), it
would help with the sources.redhat.com transition as well as
project-specific names.  But at least for today, I'm not volunteering
myself.

* Re: http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 3963C932.3592655B@cygnus.com >you write:
  > Hello,
  >
  > So what is involved (technically) in setting this up -> how much work
  > (guess).
You need the FSF to set up a DNS record for gdb.gnu.org, this could take
a few hours or a few weeks.

If you're going to support mail to that address, then you have to be
able to support multiple injection points like the GCC lists.  Figure
an hour or so, not much.

If you want to change the canonical address for the project, then figure
a few weeks to a couple months to root out all the "sourceware.cygnus.com"
references.
jeff

* http://gdb.gnu.org
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Andrew Cagney