* [Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice]
@ 2000-07-06  7:17 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-07-06  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I don't understand why this email bounced.

Is the strange quoting on the To: line screwing something up?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from "Craveiro, Marco" <Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com> -----

From: "Craveiro, Marco" <Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com>
To: "'libstdc++-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com'"
	 <libstdc++-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:00:38 +0200

hello Sir,

i've posted to libstdc++ before using the address
<libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com>; for some reason it is now bouncing (see
attached message). i've sent a couple of messages, so i dont want to
inundate the list if they are in fact going through - but i was wondering if
i am doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the list server...

thanks for your time

__soup_dragon__

"Ostinato rigore."
Leonardo Da Vinci

----- End forwarded message -----

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/         http://www.redhat.com/

* Re: [Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice]
@ 2000-07-06  8:45   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-06  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgf; +Cc: overseers

> i've posted to libstdc++ before using the address
> <libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com>; for some reason it is now bouncing (see

Oops, my bad.

The check-for-listname script takes a regular expression as an
argument, not a fixed string.  I've fixed the invocation in
/qmail/lists-sourceware/libstdc++/editor

Thanks for passing this along, Chris.

* Re: [Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice]
@ 2000-07-06  9:00   ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-07-06  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

i'm getting tons of bounces on this list. Did something change recently?
Is this because of the sources.redhat.com change?

> I don't understand why this email bounced.
>
> Is the strange quoting on the To: line screwing something up?

> To: "'libstdc++-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com'"
> 	 <libstdc++-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com>

I don't  think so. I've had mail bounce with just

libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com

-benjamin

* Re: [Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice]
@ 2000-07-06 10:31     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-07-06 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Kingdon; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 11:44:52AM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
>> i've posted to libstdc++ before using the address
>> <libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com>; for some reason it is now bouncing (see
>
>Oops, my bad.
>
>The check-for-listname script takes a regular expression as an
>argument, not a fixed string.  I've fixed the invocation in
>/qmail/lists-sourceware/libstdc++/editor
>
>Thanks for passing this along, Chris.

You're welcome.  I will save this info for future reference.

cgf

* [Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com: [postmaster@sourceware] FW: failure notice]
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
                   ` (2 more replies)