* Hmm.  sources.redhat.com still not right?
@ 2000-07-24 16:05 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-07-24 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Here's the header I received:

>Date: 24 Jul 2000 22:56:14 -0000
>From: sourcenav-help@redhat.com
>To: cgf@redhat.com
>Subject: confirm subscribe to sourcenav@sources.redhat.com

Notice the 'Reply-To:'.  This is the Reply-To when I subscribe cgf@cygnus.com:

As a guess, I'd say that Red Hat's smtp is munging something?

Should we contact Red Hat about this?

cgf

* Re: Hmm. sources.redhat.com still not right?
@ 2000-07-24 16:09   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-07-24 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 20000724190500.A7298@cygnus.com >you write:
  > .com.
  > Here's the header I received:

  > >Date: 24 Jul 2000 22:56:14 -0000
  > >From: sourcenav-help@redhat.com
  > >To: cgf@redhat.com
  > >Subject: confirm subscribe to sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
  >
  > Notice the 'Reply-To:'.  This is the Reply-To when I subscribe cgf@cygnus.c
  > om:

  > As a guess, I'd say that Red Hat's smtp is munging something?
  >
  > Should we contact Red Hat about this?
Yes, it's probably rewriting it to implement host hiding.

jeff

* Re: Hmm.  sources.redhat.com still not right?
@ 2000-07-24 19:14   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-07-24 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

> Should we contact Red Hat about this?

Sounds like it to me (North Carolina sysadmin, specifically).  As for
how to do that, well, the official channel is sysadmin@redhat.com.
Whether it gets you any kind of reasonable response is another
question, but it is always good practice to be able to say "I tried
submitting it through channels" before working other channels.  In the
case of adding sources.redhat.com to the DNS, I sent email to
sysadmin@redhat.com about 2 or 3 times, a week or a few apart.

Then you call someone up.  I picked Nate Golnik because I had sort of
heard of him second-hand.  And he got it done a day or so later.  If
you know someone, you might start there....

* Re: Hmm. sources.redhat.com still not right?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 20000724190500.A7298@cygnus.com >you write:
  > .com.
  > Here's the header I received:

  > >Date: 24 Jul 2000 22:56:14 -0000
  > >From: sourcenav-help@redhat.com
  > >To: cgf@redhat.com
  > >Subject: confirm subscribe to sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
  >
  > Notice the 'Reply-To:'.  This is the Reply-To when I subscribe cgf@cygnus.c
  > om:

  > As a guess, I'd say that Red Hat's smtp is munging something?
  >
  > Should we contact Red Hat about this?
Yes, it's probably rewriting it to implement host hiding.

jeff

* Hmm.  sources.redhat.com still not right?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers