* mailing list handling
@ 2000-07-27 16:18 ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-07-27 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

How do I get a list of the people currently subscribed to a mailing
list?  None of the traditional methods work with the program.

@ 2000-07-27 16:25   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2000-07-27 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drepper; +Cc: overseers

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
   Date: 27 Jul 2000 16:18:45 -0700

   How do I get a list of the people currently subscribed to a mailing
   list?  None of the traditional methods work with the program.

I don't know what the traditional methods are.  I thought every tool
was different.

For ezmlm+idx, you can use ezmlm-list DIRECTORY, where DIRECTORY is
the name of the direction which handles the list.

If you are a maintainer of the list, send mail to LISTNAME-list, and
it will reply with the list of subscribers.

Ian

* Re: mailing list handling
@ 2000-07-27 17:25     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-07-27 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, drepper

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 04:25:20PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> For ezmlm+idx, you can use ezmlm-list DIRECTORY, where DIRECTORY is
> the name of the direction which handles the list.

You have to do this as root or alias on sourceware to execute this,
which is only a handful of people.

> If you are a maintainer of the list, send mail to LISTNAME-list, and
> it will reply with the list of subscribers.

This is the best way to do it.  Your envelope From_ address must
be a moderator for that list for this request to work.  Also useful
is LISTNAME-log which will give you a record of when people
joined/left the mailing list.

* mailing list handling
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)