* Publishing test results
@ 2000-07-31 23:01 ` Andrew Cagney
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-07-31 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sources for Courses

Hello,

I'm looking guidelines on how to add a proper test results section to
GDB's web pages.  At present GDB has:
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/#testing which, among other things, points
to non GDB web pages ....

Looking around I note that GCC has: http://gcc.gnu.org/testresults/ .
I'm first wondering if anyone has comments on this or suggestions for
what ways of getting results published would be acceptable (from a
sware/security standpoint).

Implementation wise, I've had suggested:

	o	have the remote machine
		push results onto sware
		(means that the remote
		machine has an open
		ssh key around)

	o	have sware pull
		results off of a remote
		machine

	o	have results submitted
		via a mailing list...

Does GCC use any of these?

	Andrew

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-07-31 23:15   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-07-31 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Sources for Courses

  In message < 398667D6.A803FC7D@cygnus.com >you write:
  > Hello,
  > Implementation wise, I've had suggested:
  >
  > 	o	have the remote machine
  > 		push results onto sware
  > 		(means that the remote
  > 		machine has an open
  > 		ssh key around)
  >
  > 	o	have sware pull
  > 		results off of a remote
  > 		machine
  >
  > 	o	have results submitted
  > 		via a mailing list...
  >
  > Does GCC use any of these?
GCC uses the last.  However, I think the code sitting on the mailing list
went nuts a while back and hasn't been adding new data into the database.
jeff

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-08-01 13:09   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-08-01 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313; +Cc: overseers

> o have results submitted via a mailing list...

This is what I'd recommend too.  This is what mozilla.org does for
example (their test result summarizer is called tinderbox).

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-08-01 13:19   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-08-01 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Sources for Courses

Andrew> Looking around I note that GCC has:
Andrew> http://gcc.gnu.org/testresults/ .  I'm first wondering if
Andrew> anyone has comments on this or suggestions for what ways of
Andrew> getting results published would be acceptable (from a
Andrew> sware/security standpoint).

For the actual publishing, if you're inside RedHat, look here:

    http://cygweb.cygnnus.com/cgi-bin/libgcj.cgi

This is something I worked on for a while but haven't had time to
finish.  It is fairly modular.  One part that hasn't been done is
uploading test results into the database.  I wish I had time to finish
this, but I don't -- it has proved very useful to us on our gcj work.

Tom

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-08-03  1:25   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-08-03  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sources for Courses

Thanks for all the comments.  I'm now working on HP ....

	Andrew

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Sources for Courses

Andrew> Looking around I note that GCC has:
Andrew> http://gcc.gnu.org/testresults/ .  I'm first wondering if
Andrew> anyone has comments on this or suggestions for what ways of
Andrew> getting results published would be acceptable (from a
Andrew> sware/security standpoint).

For the actual publishing, if you're inside RedHat, look here:

    http://cygweb.cygnnus.com/cgi-bin/libgcj.cgi

This is something I worked on for a while but haven't had time to
finish.  It is fairly modular.  One part that hasn't been done is
uploading test results into the database.  I wish I had time to finish
this, but I don't -- it has proved very useful to us on our gcj work.

Tom

* Re: Publishing test results
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Sources for Courses

  In message < 398667D6.A803FC7D@cygnus.com >you write:
  > Hello,
  > Implementation wise, I've had suggested:
  >
  > 	o	have the remote machine
  > 		push results onto sware
  > 		(means that the remote
  > 		machine has an open
  > 		ssh key around)
  >
  > 	o	have sware pull
  > 		results off of a remote
  > 		machine
  >
  > 	o	have results submitted
  > 		via a mailing list...
  >
  > Does GCC use any of these?
GCC uses the last.  However, I think the code sitting on the mailing list
went nuts a while back and hasn't been adding new data into the database.
jeff

* Re: Publishing test results
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Andrew Cagney
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sources for Courses

Thanks for all the comments.  I'm now working on HP ....

	Andrew

* Re: Publishing test results
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313; +Cc: overseers

> o have results submitted via a mailing list...

This is what I'd recommend too.  This is what mozilla.org does for
example (their test result summarizer is called tinderbox).

* Publishing test results
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Andrew Cagney
                   ` (4 more replies)