* faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 10:58 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2000-12-07 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi -

While trying to set up faq-o-matic servers for cgen & sid,
I found that none of the sourceware-side pages are at
all functional.  Permission and other problems exist
throughout.  However, the gcc.gnu.org-side one is fine.
Can someone fix the sourceware side ones, or shall I try?

- FChE
--

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 11:00   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-07 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:58:36PM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>While trying to set up faq-o-matic servers for cgen & sid, I found that
>none of the sourceware-side pages are at all functional.  Permission
>and other problems exist throughout.  However, the gcc.gnu.org-side one
>is fine.  Can someone fix the sourceware side ones, or shall I try?

I have no problems with your trying.  I don't know about Tom and Jeff
but I don't have time to track this down now.

Can you document what you had to do, though?

cgf

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 14:13     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-07 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

Chris> I have no problems with your trying.  I don't know about Tom
Chris> and Jeff but I don't have time to track this down now.

I've been hoping to get some time to hack sources next week.
Dunno yet.

Chris> Can you document what you had to do, though?

That would be nice.
And if there are bugs in create-fom feel free to fix them... :-)

Tom

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 14:36       ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-07 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Christopher Faylor, Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

  In message < 87puj3dg3d.fsf@creche.redhat.com >you write:
  > Chris> I have no problems with your trying.  I don't know about Tom
  > Chris> and Jeff but I don't have time to track this down now.
  >
  > I've been hoping to get some time to hack sources next week.
  > Dunno yet.
  >
  > Chris> Can you document what you had to do, though?
  >
  > That would be nice.
  > And if there are bugs in create-fom feel free to fix them... :-)
My best guess is that files which need to be owned by "webuser" are currently
owned by root.  I'm investigating.

The fix for create-fom might be as simple as a su webuser at an appropriate
point.

jeff

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 14:39   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-07 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 20001207135836.J1083@redhat.com >you write:

  > --y9PDtDHaFrXNoMPU
  >
  > Hi -
  >
  > While trying to set up faq-o-matic servers for cgen & sid,
  > I found that none of the sourceware-side pages are at
  > all functional.  Permission and other problems exist
  > throughout.  However, the gcc.gnu.org-side one is fine.
  > Can someone fix the sourceware side ones, or shall I try?
Precisely what do I need to do to expose one of the permission
problems?

jeff

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-07 15:24   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 20001207135836.J1083@redhat.com >you write:

  > --y9PDtDHaFrXNoMPU
  >
  > Hi -
  >
  > While trying to set up faq-o-matic servers for cgen & sid,
  > I found that none of the sourceware-side pages are at
  > all functional.  Permission and other problems exist
  > throughout.  However, the gcc.gnu.org-side one is fine.
  > Can someone fix the sourceware side ones, or shall I try?
In addition to wrong ownerships, there's a bug in the script that is
creating the project specific FOMs -- specifically it's forgetting a
training '/' in one of the configuration items.

As a result of that mis-configuration, FOM is trying to put data for
each FOM entry into the root directory which of course it doesn't
really have proper permissions to do and we blow up.

I've twiddled the cgen FOM configuration and I think it's functional now.  I'm
going to fix the other config files, then the script which creates them...

Anyway, give the cgen thingie a whirl and see if you can add items now...

jeff

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-08  8:44     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2000-12-08  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 04:25:58PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
: [...]
: I've twiddled the cgen FOM configuration and I think it's functional now.  I'm
: going to fix the other config files, then the script which creates them...
: Anyway, give the cgen thingie a whirl and see if you can add items now...

Thanks lots; works fine now.

- FChE
--

* Re: faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

Chris> I have no problems with your trying.  I don't know about Tom
Chris> and Jeff but I don't have time to track this down now.

I've been hoping to get some time to hack sources next week.
Dunno yet.

Chris> Can you document what you had to do, though?

That would be nice.
And if there are bugs in create-fom feel free to fix them... :-)

Tom

* faq-o-matic for sourceware projects
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Frank Ch. Eigler
                   ` (3 more replies)