* Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08  0:35 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-11-08  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

While the current bugzilla only requires 2.88 (we have 2.89 installed),
the new bugzilla version i'm in the process of merging will require
2.93.

Can someone install at least that version from CPAN please, and let me
know when it's done so i can install the new version.

I'd like to get it done soon, since one of the reasons for the new
version is security fixes.
--Dan

* Re: Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08  2:20 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2003-11-08  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: overseers

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

> While the current bugzilla only requires 2.88 (we have 2.89
> installed), the new bugzilla version i'm in the process of merging
> will require 2.93.
>
> Can someone install at least that version from CPAN please, and let me
> know when it's done so i can install the new version.
>
> I'd like to get it done soon, since one of the reasons for the new
> version is security fixes.

Chris, I know that you are trying to use RPMs to manage the system.
The most recent RPMs from Red Hat appear to be 2.89.  At rpmfind.net I
can find some RPMs for 3.00, which appears to be the current version,
but I haven't checked whether those RPMs will install on
sourceware.org.

How should we handle something like this?

Ian

* Re: Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08  3:31   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-11-08  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, overseers

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:20:34PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:
>>While the current bugzilla only requires 2.88 (we have 2.89 installed),
>>the new bugzilla version i'm in the process of merging will require
>>2.93.
>>
>>Can someone install at least that version from CPAN please, and let me
>>know when it's done so i can install the new version.
>>
>>I'd like to get it done soon, since one of the reasons for the new
>>version is security fixes.
>
>Chris, I know that you are trying to use RPMs to manage the system.

When I can, yes.  It looks like I updated CGI via CPAN, though since
rpm reports the version as 2.81 and CPAN says 2.89, as you noted.
So, I've just updated to 3.0 via CPAN.  If a newer version shows up
via RPM, I'll try to remember to update to it.

cgf

* Re: Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08  3:46     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-11-08  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers

On Nov 7, 2003, at 10:31 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:20:34PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:
>>> While the current bugzilla only requires 2.88 (we have 2.89
>>> installed),
>>> the new bugzilla version i'm in the process of merging will require
>>> 2.93.
>>>
>>> Can someone install at least that version from CPAN please, and let
>>> me
>>> know when it's done so i can install the new version.
>>>
>>> I'd like to get it done soon, since one of the reasons for the new
>>> version is security fixes.
>>
>> Chris, I know that you are trying to use RPMs to manage the system.
>
> When I can, yes.  It looks like I updated CGI via CPAN, though since
> rpm reports the version as 2.81 and CPAN says 2.89, as you noted.
> So, I've just updated to 3.0 via CPAN.  If a newer version shows up
> via RPM, I'll try to remember to update to it.

Thanks a bunch.

* Re: Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08 20:16   ` Matthew Galgoci
From: Matthew Galgoci @ 2003-11-08 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, overseers

I can package version 2.93...

Give me a few minutes and I'll have a src rpm available...

--

Matthew Galgoci		"If you were a woman I'd kiss you right now."
System Administrator

* Re: Need newer version of CGI.pm installed from CPAN
@ 2003-11-08 21:56     ` Matthew Galgoci
From: Matthew Galgoci @ 2003-11-08 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, overseers

http://people.redhat.com/~mgalgoci/perl/

I built both 2.93 and 3.0 against red hat linux 8.0 with
all current updates.

To install this on top of the cpan perl you'll need to remove the cpan
installed perl CGI (not sure how possible that is) and then do an
rpm -Uhv --force for whichever perl package you choose to install.

The --force is to trounce any currently installed but orphaned files
from the previous perl-CGI.

--

@ 2003-11-08 22:05       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-11-08 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 04:56:20PM -0500, Matthew Galgoci wrote:

>http://people.redhat.com/~mgalgoci/perl/
>
>I built both 2.93 and 3.0 against red hat linux 8.0 with
>all current updates.

Thanks.  I am not in a big hurry to do this but I've downloaded the 3.0 version
of the RPM for eventual installation, if you want to remove it from your web
site.

cgf