* [Fwd: Welcome to sourceware.org]
@ 2007-03-30 11:53 Srikar Dronamraju
From: Srikar Dronamraju @ 2007-03-30 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi ,

I am unable to check out files from systemtap cvs.
Can you please help me resolve this issue.

502 srikar@srikar:~$ echo $CVS_RSH
ssh
503 srikar@srikar:~$ cvs -z9 -d :ext:srikar@sourceware.org:/cvs/systemtap co systemtap
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
504 srikar@srikar:~$

I had given my ssh rsa key at the time of requesting the account.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar

PS: I am forwarding the welcome for your reference.
--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar

[-- Attachment #2: Welcome to sourceware.org --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 8109 bytes --]

From: root@sourceware.org
To: srikar@sourceware.org
Cc: ananth@in.ibm.com
Subject: Welcome to sourceware.org
Date: 31 Jan 2007 14:03:00 -0000

Your account is now active, the login name is srikar@sourceware.org.
Mail sent to that address is forwarded to srikar@linux.vnet.ibm.com.
This forwarding is a convenience so that people who reply directly to CVS
commit mail notes will not get a bounce--publicize it at your own risk.
If your involvement with the project ends at some point, the mail address
will become invalid and I will laugh evilly as people try in vain to
reach you.

You should now have write access to the systemtap repository with
SSH+cvs.  Here are lots of details about how to do things.

You don't have general shell access, just CVS remote access.  Just about
everything can be done via CVS.  If there is some special requirement
that you have where you need shell access, talk to your project's lead
and have them talk to overseers@sourceware.org.  In special cases,
we can be flexible on this requirement.

Regarding SSH: If you have provided a Protocol 1 ssh key, you will need
to add the following lines to your a .ssh/config directory:

    Host sourceware.org
	Protocol 1

This will cause your ssh connections to properly default to protocol 1
when connecting to sourceware.org.  If you have provided "Protocol 2"
rsa/dsa keys, then no special action is required.

CVS  CVS is used for revision control.  If you are not familiar with CVS,
     you have some reading to do.  http://cvshome.org/ is the central
     source for all things CVS.  http://cvshome.org/docs/ has some
     useful information.

     When you want to do a check-in of some change, do it like this:

     % cvs update
     % cvs diff      # carefully verify what you're about to check in!
     % cvs commit

     All of the sources are under CVS.  You have write access to the
     files in your repository.  Check them out like this:

     export CVS_RSH=ssh
     cvs -z9 -d :ext:srikar@sourceware.org:/cvs/systemtap co systemtap

     After you've checked out some files, you won't need to specify the
     CVSROOT (-d) again, it will be picked out of the CVS control files
     (the CVS/Root file).  You will need to include the -z9; you can put
     it in your $HOME/.cvsrc file ("cvs -z9") or add it to your command
     line whenever you're doing CVS operations.

     If you're going over a modem, you'll definitely want to get this
     as compressed as possible.

     To avoid the nuisance of having to supply your passphrase for each
     operation, you may want to use ssh-agent(1) followed by ssh-add(1)
     and entering your passphrase once for all.  Either start your
     session as a child of ssh-agent or run it as a demon and set the
     values of the environment variables SSH_AUTHENTICATION_SOCKET and
     SSH_AGENT_PID in each relevant process to what ssh-agent prints
     when it starts.  To avoid messages about (lack of) X11 forwarding,
     put in your $HOME/.ssh/config and entry like:

        Host sourceware.org
        ForwardX11 no

CVS COMMIT MESSAGES
     You can get e-mail notifications for when things are checked in to
     your group's repository.  There are two notification mailing lists,
     one for the web pages for your project and one for the project
     source files.  To subscribe to your source-file-notification list,
     send a message to

         systemtap-cvs-subscribe@sourceware.org

     To get on a digest of the above list (get one note a day), send a
     note to

         systemtap-cvs-digest-subscribe@sourceware.org

     The body/Subject are ignored in these messages.  The From: address
     is the one you a requesting to subscribe.  To request an arbitrary
     address be subscribed, say foo@bar.com, send a note like this:

         systemtap-cvs-subscribe-foo=bar.com@sourceware.org

     If your project has a web page, then there is a second mailing
     list for notifications about changes to them.  The addresses are
     just like the above ones except they include "-webpages" after the
     project name.  For instance,

         systemtap-webpages-cvs-subscribe@sourceware.org

     If this is all a little confusing, just use the all-doing
     auto-subscriber at <http://sourceware.org/ml/>.

CVSWEB You can browse changes that are being made to the CVS repository by
     going to

	http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/systemtap?cvsroot=systemtap

HTTP All of the web pages on http://sourceware.org/systemtap/ are
     also under CVS.  You can create a home page (if one doesn't already
     exist) for systemtap by putting files in the htdocs/ directory of
     the systemtap CVS module.  They will appear instantly (within three
     or four seconds, anyway) at http://sourceware.org/systemtap/

If anything is unanswered, please ask your project mailing list.

* Re: [Fwd: Welcome to sourceware.org]
@ 2007-03-30 11:59 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-03-30 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Srikar Dronamraju

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 05:22:41PM +0530, Srikar Dronamraju wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>I am unable to check out files from systemtap cvs.
>Can you please help me resolve this issue.
>
>502 srikar@srikar:~$ echo $CVS_RSH
>ssh
>503 srikar@srikar:~$ cvs -z9 -d :ext:srikar@sourceware.org:/cvs/systemtap
>co systemtap
>Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
>cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
>any)
>504 srikar@srikar:~$
>
>I had given my ssh rsa key at the time of requesting the account.

...and it was properly installed.

You need to do some debugging on your end to see what is going wrong with
your ssh connection.  Try running ssh with the -v option.

* Re: [Fwd: Welcome to sourceware.org]
@ 2007-03-30 12:56 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-03-30 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srikar Dronamraju; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> 502 srikar@srikar:~$ echo $CVS_RSH
> ssh

Ensure that this is an exported environment variable, not just a shell
variable.

> 503 srikar@srikar:~$ cvs -z9 -d :ext:srikar@sourceware.org:/cvs/systemtap
> co systemtap
> [...]
> I had given my ssh rsa key at the time of requesting the account.

This ssh-rsa key is on file for your account.  Please check that it is
still correct.

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEAwJ4NdHSUP5ifyz0ZFZFbepw6bvY57AHJ9xwMKuzaGwWAHJD/JEm4vouykIt8hPPRIx3tN9gOtI30ps1dQLLKO8Iz71vHUY3xV3psIF6cVRgxsEB1Z/Khnuv5dnSAgOBWU5gKwqpEMN/adDQX4So8SevkssJwEA1xrM7eNZOfsKc= srikar@srikar.in.ibm.com

- FChE

* Re: [Fwd: Welcome to sourceware.org]
@ 2007-03-30 14:36   ` Srikar Dronamraju
From: Srikar Dronamraju @ 2007-03-30 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

> This ssh-rsa key is on file for your account.  Please check that it is
> still correct.
>
> ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEAwJ4NdHSUP5ifyz0ZFZFbepw6bvY57AHJ9xwMKuzaGwWAHJD/JEm4vouykIt8hPPRIx3tN9gOtI30ps1dQLLKO8Iz71vHUY3xV3psIF6cVRgxsEB1Z/Khnuv5dnSAgOBWU5gKwqpEMN/adDQX4So8SevkssJwEA1xrM7eNZOfsKc= srikar@srikar.in.ibm.com

This doesn't seem to match my .ssh/id_rsa.pub
The key on my system seems to be this.
ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAq3adtVzcmEfP5BF51osIjzAZcOXKt0fmCbM0IT0wzjdTEsaJ7aK5YXRhpp7etavjd2ItrK4b9FCk+b067vwUGAt373OESwh6MxVsMUoWtYEtIFHt3rKToww2IC0aTeRUCKZqtQhSgQYNj3QlN8rFYrknMkEcPi+j5gk0o7C+Yi9S8ND7VMv4t453NGqlmQMixMGwYlO7gDwYIjOMrzFPHgdmJ88Cm6yA/+7Uk/b7wN5sZQMFjcaYUoYy3gerdf6BrZaDZPlcunSaFU9BOQ5nSWF6+0EiYcpvzTJLkXMjNMnVVwJgsV961Z3IHkh4VTqThNd2Yns1LWD1ZBFOlZU7nQ==
srikar@srikar.in.ibm.com
However I don't recall updating /reinstalling my system after requesting
for the sourceware.org id.
Not sure how my keys have changed.
I am extremely sorry for the same.
Can you please update the key as given in this mail.

Also is it possible to have a key each from two different machines using
the
"updatekey" command?

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar

PS:  I also tried 'ssh -v srikar@sourceware.org "echo $PATH"
'OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
and the output is as follows.
OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/srikar/.ssh/config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to sourceware.org [209.132.176.174] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/srikar/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/srikar/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /home/srikar/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.9p1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.9p1 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.9p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
Warning: Permanently added 'sourceware.org,209.132.176.174' (RSA) to the
list of known hosts.
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Trying private key: /home/srikar/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /home/srikar/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Trying private key: /home/srikar/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).

* Re: [Fwd: Welcome to sourceware.org]
@ 2007-04-04 12:00     ` Srikar Dronamraju
From: Srikar Dronamraju @ 2007-04-04 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler, overseers

Hi,

Can you please replace my ssh/id_rsa key with this.