* Re: sourceware hosting request for gLite
       [not found] <466EC3A0.6040808@ct.infn.it>
@ 2007-06-12 18:30 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-06-12 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riccardo Bruno, corinna-cygwin, fabio.scibilia, dario.russo,
	overseers, roberto.barbera
  Cc: overseers

[redirecting to the overseers mailing list]
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:02:40PM +0200, Riccardo Bruno wrote:
> Dear sourcemaster,
>
>I would like to introduce my hosting request to your sourceware.  I'm
>writing on behalf of the EGEE (http://public.eu-egee.org/) gLite grid
>Middleware (www.glite.org).
>
>Briefly gLite is a grid middleware devoted to the e-science paradigm
>(sharing 'resources' among scientific communities).  Our local
>development team was successful able to compile on cygwin many grid
>services available for the gLite grid middleware.  Our intention is
>then to integrate the existing gLite middleware as a new cygwin
>component.
>
>If you agree on our intentions we have the possibility to open the use
>of our grid infrastructure to many cygwin/windows users and then
>disseminate more our scientific based grid infrastructure.  Please let
>us know about your sourceware availability for this project and any
>further suggestion/comment will be really appreciated.

I didn't look very hard but I didn't immediately see what you make the source
code available.  I see binary rpms but I don't see source rpms.  Am I missing
something?

You also seem to have a fairly nice site setup now.  It's not clear why you'd
want to move to sourceware.

cgf

* Re: sourceware hosting request for gLite
@ 2007-06-13  7:58   ` Riccardo Bruno
From: Riccardo Bruno @ 2007-06-13  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: corinna-cygwin, fabio.scibilia, dario.russo, roberto.barbera

Dear Christopher,

I'm afraid I did not well understood how make available a new packages
by the cygwin setup.exe program. Reading instructions from
http://cygwin.com/setup.html It seems mandatory to have both binaries
and source code files stored on your sourceware.org.
Our intention is to let our compiled gLite services and their related
source codes (a little bit modified from the main release) available by
the cygwin setup.exe program.
Am I following a wrong way?
Could you please route me in the right way?

Please let me know,
Best regards,
Riccardo Bruno
INFN. Sez. CT
http://www.ct.infn.it/

@ 2007-06-13 14:33     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-06-13 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Riccardo Bruno, corinna-cygwin, fabio.scibilia,
	dario.russo, roberto.barbera

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 09:57:46AM +0200, Riccardo Bruno wrote:
> Dear Christopher,
>
> I'm afraid I did not well understood how make available a new packages by
> the cygwin setup.exe program. Reading instructions from
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html It seems mandatory to have both binaries and
> source code files stored on your sourceware.org.
> Our intention is to let our compiled gLite services and their related source
> codes (a little bit modified from the main release) available by the cygwin
> setup.exe program.
> Am I following a wrong way?
> Could you please route me in the right way?

I was not talking about cygwin.  I was talking about source code.  I didn't see
any way to download the source code from your site.

If you are just talking about getting this package into the Cygwin distribution
then you are talking to the wrong people and using the wrong procedure.  You've
already been to the web page which talks about the right way to handle this.

cgf