* gmail vs. "text/html"
@ 2007-12-17 20:10 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2007-12-17 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Yo people. There seems to be some kind of config change on sourceware
sites, where I can no longer send email to the usual gcc lists with a
patch attachment from gmail.

I keep getting bounced, with the reason being an attachment of
"text/html" type being given as the reason.

<libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>:
Invalid mime type "text/html" detected in message text or
attachment.  Please send plain text messages only.
See http://sourceware.org/lists.html#sourceware-list-info for mailing
list info for this site.
Contact libstdc++-owner@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this.
(#5.7.2)

 Is there a way to name patches for attachment such that it
will work? Is there any other way around this? I've tried the usual
patch suffixes in the hopes that they would magically work, but ".txt"
and ".patch" don't seem to do the job either.

Is there a way to work around this in gmail?

?

-benjamin