* Email flagges as SPAM
@ 2008-05-20 22:52 Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2008-05-20 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

for various reasons, I'm in the need of sending messages to the GCC
mailing lists from the internal Oracle mail router: in that case, my
messages are flagged as SPAM and rejected. Just tried of course the
global-allow-subscribe-paolo.carlini=oracle.com@gcc.gnu.org to no
avail... Can you help me?

I'm attaching a complete bounde message.

Thanks,
Paolo.

[-- Attachment #2: failure notice.eml --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3693 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1075 bytes --]

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>:
Sorry, something in your subject was flagged as indicative of spam.
info for this site.

If you are not a "spammer", we apologize for the inconvenience.
You can add yourself to the gcc.gnu.org "global allow list"
by sending email *from*the*blocked*email*address* to:

    global-allow-subscribe-paolo.carlini=oracle.com@gcc.gnu.org

For certain types of blocks, this will enable you to send email without
being subjected to further spam blocking.  This will not allow you to
post to a list if you have been explicitly blocked, if you are posting
an off-topic message, if you are sending an attachment that looks like a
virus, etc.

Contact libstdc++-owner@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1324 bytes --]

From: Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com>
To: libstdc++ <libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Just testing...
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:29:33 +0200

(Body suppressed)

* Re: Email flagges as SPAM
@ 2008-05-20 23:28 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-05-20 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paolo Carlini

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:46:28PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> for various reasons, I'm in the need of sending messages to the GCC mailing
> lists from the internal Oracle mail router: in that case, my messages are
> flagged as SPAM and rejected. Just tried of course the
> global-allow-subscribe-paolo.carlini=oracle.com@gcc.gnu.org to no avail...

That is not a 100% guarantee that you'll be able to send email here.

> Can you help me?

Your email is not being blocked.

The particular email with the subject "Just testing" is being blocked.
Other than that, every other message made it through.

For instance:

May 12 08:55:44 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.6 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)
May 12 14:37:20 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 141.146.126.228 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.4 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00,J_CHICKENPOX_21)
May 18 16:43:50 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.8 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)

> I'm attaching a complete bounde message.

Actually that was just the headers and it indicates that email with the
subject "just testing" is blocked, which is how I set up the filters.  If you
want to test email transmission you can use test-list AT sourceware DOT org.

If you have a bounce from a message with actual content then please send
it here.

cgf

>From: MAILER-DAEMON
>To: paolo.carlini@...
>Subject: failure notice
>Date: 20 May 2008 20:30:03 -0000
>
>Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
>I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>
><libstdc++@...>:
>Sorry, something in your subject was flagged as indicative of spam.
>info for this site.
>
>If you are not a "spammer", we apologize for the inconvenience.
>You can add yourself to the gcc.gnu.org "global allow list"
>by sending email *from*the*blocked*email*address* to:
>
>    global-allow-subscribe-paolo.carlini=oracle.com@...
>
>For certain types of blocks, this will enable you to send email without
>being subjected to further spam blocking.  This will not allow you to
>post to a list if you have been explicitly blocked, if you are posting
>an off-topic message, if you are sending an attachment that looks like a
>virus, etc.
>
>Contact libstdc++-owner@... if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)
>
>--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

>From: Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@...>
>To: libstdc++ <libstdc++@...>
>Subject: Just testing...
>Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:29:33 +0200
>
> (Body suppressed)

* Re: Email flagges as SPAM
@ 2008-05-21 17:37   ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2008-05-21 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,
> Your email is not being blocked.
>
> The particular email with the subject "Just testing" is being blocked.

Great, thanks.
> Other than that, every other message made it through.
>
> For instance:
>
> May 12 08:55:44 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.6 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)
> May 12 14:37:20 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 141.146.126.228 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.4 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00,J_CHICKENPOX_21)
> May 18 16:43:50 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.8 required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)

I don't think these messages are relevant, because I used a different
smtp server.

Many thanks for your prompt feedback anyway. To be sure, I will send a
different message to that specific libstdc++ mailing list, because, in
short (I don't want to bore you with a long story), exactly that list
was giving my troubles, because of the ++ in the name, and I had to
change my mail setup here at Oracle...

Paolo.

* Re: Email flagges as SPAM
@ 2008-05-27 11:16     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-05-27 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Paolo Carlini

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:03:14AM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>> Your email is not being blocked.
>>
>> The particular email with the subject "Just testing" is being blocked.
>>
> Great, thanks.
>> Other than that, every other message made it through.
>>
>> For instance:
>>
>> May 12 08:55:44 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118
>> -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.6 required=5.0
>> tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)
>> May 12 14:37:20 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@...
>> 141.146.126.228 -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.4
>> required=5.0 tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00,J_CHICKENPOX_21)
>> May 18 16:43:50 sourceware spam: allowed: paolo.carlini@... 148.87.113.118
>> -> gcc-patches@... (subscribed, SA: score=-1.8 required=5.0
>> tests=PRESCANNED,AWL,BAYES_00)
>>
> I don't think these messages are relevant, because I used a different smtp
> server.

There were two different email servers in the above.

cgf