* lvm2 wiki problems
@ 2008-05-27 13:46 Alasdair G Kergon
From: Alasdair G Kergon @ 2008-05-27 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Has the wiki software been updated in the last few months?

I tried to disable a spammer's account as I've done before, but it seems to
have got confused between my admin account and the spammer's one:  I did the
'select user' thing to change to that user, it showed the new user at the top
of the screen confirming the switch, but the UserPreferences screen *still*
showed the 'select user' list (it did not used to do that) along with all the
settings for that user and when I checked the box to disable the user, it
gave a strange error saying the email address was already in use, so I changed
the email address, disabled it, the spammer then appeared twice in the list
with identical account names, and then found I could no longer log back in as
admin.   Or something like that.

Anyway, AGKE probably needs re-enabling/fixing, or forget it and change the
admin in the config file from AGKE to AGK.

   - And how do I now disable an account?
(Ideally there'd be a way to delete accounts in bulk - the majority are spammers.)

Also the manual Despam thing wasn't very useful because it only showed pages
that changed in the last day - older pages had to be deleted the slow way.
Can that timespan be extended?  (Haven't checked today to see if that's still true
and can't get in at the moment.)

Alasdair
--
agk@redhat.com