* sourceware crash
@ 2010-04-29  4:46 Angela Marie Thomas
From: Angela Marie Thomas @ 2010-04-29  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mgalgoci, fche, me, ian; +Cc: overseers

I saw Ian on so I know he knows, but letting everyone else know that
sourceware crashed and rebooted.  Since Frank posted about a disk error,
I've paused the backups temporarily until someone confirms there's no
corruption to be on the safe side.  If you think it's not warranted,
I'll turn the backups back on so they run tonight.  Otherwise, can
someone do a quick sanity check?

Thanks

--Angela

* Re: sourceware crash
@ 2010-04-29  4:57 ` Angela Marie Thomas
From: Angela Marie Thomas @ 2010-04-29  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mgalgoci, fche, me, ian; +Cc: overseers

angela@releasedominatrix.com wrote:

> I saw Ian on so I know he knows, but letting everyone else know that
> sourceware crashed and rebooted.  Since Frank posted about a disk error,
> I've paused the backups temporarily until someone confirms there's no
> corruption to be on the safe side.  If you think it's not warranted,
> I'll turn the backups back on so they run tonight.  Otherwise, can
> someone do a quick sanity check?

Took a quick look and it looks like sdc is dead.  Presumably it was part
of md10?

--Angela

* Re: sourceware crash
@ 2010-04-29 14:12   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-04-29 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fche, overseers, Angela Marie Thomas, ian, mgalgoci

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:57:21PM -0700, Angela Marie Thomas wrote:

>angela@releasedominatrix.com wrote:
>
>> I saw Ian on so I know he knows, but letting everyone else know that
>> sourceware crashed and rebooted.  Since Frank posted about a disk error,
>> I've paused the backups temporarily until someone confirms there's no
>> corruption to be on the safe side.  If you think it's not warranted,
>> I'll turn the backups back on so they run tonight.  Otherwise, can
>> someone do a quick sanity check?
>
>Took a quick look and it looks like sdc is dead.  Presumably it was part
>of md10?

We're waiting for a replacement sdc to show up onsite.  It was taken out by
fche last week due to disk errors.

cgf

* Re: sourceware crash
@ 2010-04-29 16:39     ` Angela Marie Thomas
From: Angela Marie Thomas @ 2010-04-29 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

> We're waiting for a replacement sdc to show up onsite.  It was taken out by
> fche last week due to disk errors.

Given the Fedora list mail, I'll assume we had a power outage and it didn't
die because of hardware failure.  I'll resume the backups.

--Angela