* Re: Write permission to binutils.
       [not found] <680044E4997F5343A2C58032DDD0991637DE5F@ZIPPY.Emea.Arm.com>
@ 2010-09-27 12:23 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2010-09-27 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tejas Belagod; +Cc: overseers, Richard Earnshaw

Hi Tejas,

> Please could I have write-permission to binutils? I already have a gcc
> account.

Yes.  Please use this page:

   http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

You can use my name/email address as the approver.

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: Write permission to binutils.
@ 2010-09-27 12:35   ` Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2010-09-27 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: Tejas Belagod, overseers

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 13:22 +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Tejas,
>
> > Please could I have write-permission to binutils? I already have a gcc
> > account.
>
> Yes.  Please use this page:
>
>    http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
>
> You can use my name/email address as the approver.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick

Wrong page, I think.  Tejas already has a GCC account.

R.

* Re: Write permission to binutils.
@ 2010-09-27 12:48     ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2010-09-27 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Earnshaw; +Cc: Tejas Belagod, overseers

Hi Richard,

>>     http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

> Wrong page, I think.  Tejas already has a GCC account.

This is for a sourceware account, which I did not know if Tejas already
had.  Anyway he has used the form and I have approved the request, so
everything should be set up now.

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: Write permission to binutils.
@ 2010-09-27 12:58       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-09-27 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Nick Clifton, Tejas Belagod, Richard Earnshaw

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 01:48:03PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>>>     http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
>
>> Wrong page, I think.  Tejas already has a GCC account.
>
>This is for a sourceware account, which I did not know if Tejas already
>had.  Anyway he has used the form and I have approved the request, so
>everything should be set up now.

No, Richard was right.  Quoting from that page:

"Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
gcc.gnu.org for CVS or Subversion write access, then do not use this
form.  Instead send an email to the overseers mail account at this site
telling what project you want write access to and who approved that
access."

I've added the OP to the src group.

cgf

* Re: Write permission to binutils.
@ 2010-09-27 13:01         ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2010-09-27 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Tejas Belagod, Richard Earnshaw

Hi Chris,

>>> Wrong page, I think.  Tejas already has a GCC account.
>>
>> This is for a sourceware account, which I did not know if Tejas already
>> had.  Anyway he has used the form and I have approved the request, so
>> everything should be set up now.
>
> No, Richard was right.  Quoting from that page:
>
> "Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
> gcc.gnu.org for CVS or Subversion write access, then do not use this
> form.  Instead send an email to the overseers mail account at this site
> telling what project you want write access to and who approved that
> access."

Right - I saw that - but I did not know if Tejas already had a
sourceware account, so I figured that by directing him to the
account-request page he would read the caveat above and if necessary
just email you directly. :-)

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: Write permission to binutils.
@ 2010-09-27 13:10           ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-09-27 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Nick Clifton, Tejas Belagod, Richard Earnshaw

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 02:00:36PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
>Hi Chris,

>>> This is for a sourceware account, which I did not know if Tejas already
>>> had.  Anyway he has used the form and I have approved the request, so
>>> everything should be set up now.
>>
>> No, Richard was right.  Quoting from that page:
>>
>> "Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
>> gcc.gnu.org for CVS or Subversion write access, then do not use this
>> form.  Instead send an email to the overseers mail account at this site
>> telling what project you want write access to and who approved that
>> access."
>
>Right - I saw that - but I did not know if Tejas already had a
>sourceware account, so I figured that by directing him to the
>account-request page he would read the caveat above and if necessary
>just email you directly. :-)

The email that you responded to, which went to overseers, said that he
already had a GCC account.  If he has an account on gcc.gnu.org, he has
an an account on sourceware.org since they are the same machine.  So,
he'd already done the right thing when you sent him to the web page.

cgf