* qpsmtpd whitelisting
@ 2010-10-05 19:21 Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2010-10-05 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware Overseers

Hi -

To reduce the annoying time taken by bugzilla outgoing emails, I
turned on email job-queuing for both gcc and sourceware sides.  It
appears to be working, however it appears as if the arrival rate for
outgoing gcc bugzilla messages is about as high as the serialized
service rate.  It appears that spamd is processing these outgoing
messages, and this is slowing things down quite a bit.

Chris, could you look into activating qpsmtpd whitelisting for locally
originated email?

- FChE

* Re: qpsmtpd whitelisting
@ 2010-10-07 20:39 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-10-07 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware Overseers, Frank Ch. Eigler

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 03:21:10PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>Hi -
>
>To reduce the annoying time taken by bugzilla outgoing emails, I
>turned on email job-queuing for both gcc and sourceware sides.  It
>appears to be working, however it appears as if the arrival rate for
>outgoing gcc bugzilla messages is about as high as the serialized
>service rate.  It appears that spamd is processing these outgoing
>messages, and this is slowing things down quite a bit.
>
>Chris, could you look into activating qpsmtpd whitelisting for locally
>originated email?

Why would we be whitelisting bugzilla email?  Can't it still be filled
in from an external source?  Can't it still be spam?

cgf