* [Michael Matz] Re: Don't let search bots look at buglist.cgi
@ 2011-05-17 14:26 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-05-17 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

fche: a comment about MnoGoSearch.

Ian

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3077 bytes --]

From: Michael Matz <matz@suse.de>
To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
Cc: Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com>, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>, gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Don't let search bots look at buglist.cgi
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:12:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I think that simply blocking buglist.cgi has dropped bugzilla off the
> immediate radar. It also seems to have lowered the load, although I'm
> not sure if we are still keeping historical data.

Btw. FWIW, I had a quick look at one of the httpd log files, and in seven
hours on last Saturday (from 5:30 to 12:30), there were overall 435203 GET
requests, and 391319 of them came from our own MnoGoSearch engine, that's
90%.  Granted many are then in fact 304 (not modified) responses, but
still, perhaps the eagerness of our own crawler can be turned down a bit.

Ciao,
Michael.

* Re: [Michael Matz] Re: Don't let search bots look at buglist.cgi
@ 2011-05-17 16:42 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2011-05-17 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 07:26:01AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Btw. FWIW, I had a quick look at one of the httpd log files, and in seven
>hours on last Saturday (from 5:30 to 12:30), there were overall 435203 GET
>requests, and 391319 of them came from our own MnoGoSearch engine, that's
>90%.  Granted many are then in fact 304 (not modified) responses, but
>still, perhaps the eagerness of our own crawler can be turned down a bit.

Isn't MnoGoSearch doing what it's supposed to be doing?  I don't see why we'd
turn it down.