* Re: Privacy disclaimers and the overseers list
       [not found] <CE9C056E12502146A72FD81290379E9A2C53B2CE@ENFIRHMBX1.datcon.co.uk>
@ 2012-04-25 15:48 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-25 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Adam Dinwoodie

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:33:11PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>Hi,
>
>An [email][0] to the Cygwin mailing list has just made it through the filters
>with a privacy disclaimer. I've no idea whether you want to do anything to
>improve the filter, given doing so would require either parsing and resolving
>links in emails, or setting a rule that is unlikely to ever apply to more than
>one person.
>
>[0]: http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00576.html
>
>While I'm here, the [FAQ question][1] on these says to contact the "overseers"
>list. As best I can tell, there is no such list.
>Which is why I'm emailing here!
>
>[1]: http://sourceware.org/lists.html#disclaimer-bounce
>
>Cheers,
>
>Adam
>
>---
>Adam Dinwoodie
>Software Engineer, Carrier Systems Division
>Metaswitch Networks

There *is* an overseers list.  This message is now cc'ed there.

I've added "Disclaimer:\s*https?:" to the list of nonallowed
disclaimer-matching strings.

Thanks for the heads up.

* RE: Privacy disclaimers and the overseers list
@ 2012-04-25 15:59   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2012-04-25 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Cristopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:33:11PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> >While I'm here, the [FAQ question][1] on these says to contact the
> "overseers" list. As best I can tell, there is no such list.
> >
> >[1]: http://sourceware.org/lists.html#disclaimer-bounce
>
> There *is* an overseers list.  This message is now cc'ed there.

So there is! Can I request a link to it appear somewhere? I'd assumed
that since it didn't appear at <http://sourceware.org/lists.html>, it
had disappeared and the reference to it was out of date.

* Re: Privacy disclaimers and the overseers list
@ 2012-04-25 16:29     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-25 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Adam Dinwoodie

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:56:39PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>Cristopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:33:11PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> >While I'm here, the [FAQ question][1] on these says to contact the
>> "overseers" list. As best I can tell, there is no such list.
>> >
>> >[1]: http://sourceware.org/lists.html#disclaimer-bounce
>>
>> There *is* an overseers list.  This message is now cc'ed there.
>
>So there is! Can I request a link to it appear somewhere? I'd assumed
>that since it didn't appear at <http://sourceware.org/lists.html>, it
>had disappeared and the reference to it was out of date.

Alternately, you could have taken a chance that the reference was not
out-of-date and sent the email to overseers rather than sending it to
another mailing list which is not advertised in lists.html.

cgf