* Messages not appearing in list archives
@ 2013-04-03 14:57 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2013-04-03 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Some messages sent recently to sourceware mailing lists, and sent on by
those lists to their subscribers, have not appeared in the web archives.
For example, http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-04/ does not show
the message (from today) that was numbered by 38132 by ezmlm although I
received it by email from the list and a reply to it does appear in the
web archives.

<http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-03/msg00702.html> is an ezmlm
warning that does appear in the list archives, but the example bounce
there is from the time of the transition so may well not correspond to the
source of ongoing problems.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-04-03 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Joseph S. Myers

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 02:57:33PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>Some messages sent recently to sourceware mailing lists, and sent on by
>those lists to their subscribers, have not appeared in the web archives.
>For example, http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-04/ does not show
>the message (from today) that was numbered by 38132 by ezmlm although I
>received it by email from the list and a reply to it does appear in the
>web archives.

I think I've found the source of the problem.  There is apparently a bug
in mhonarc.  I've applied the suggested fix and am looking into updating
to a newer version of mhnoarc.

Adding the missing files will be problematic since it will require a
recreation of everything in the archives since the sourceware move and
that will require taking down email.  That will have to be scheduled.

><http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-03/msg00702.html> is an ezmlm
>warning that does appear in the list archives, but the example bounce
>there is from the time of the transition so may well not correspond to the
>source of ongoing problems.

Right, that's unrelated.

cgf