* Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 1
@ 2014-08-03  5:04 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-03  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I'll be assuming the Cygwin infrastructure tasks previously handled by
cgf.  However, cgf had access to root where I only have access to
cygwin-admin, so there are a number of files for which I do not have the
necessary permissions.

For starters, could someone please

1) chown cygwin:cygstage /sourceware/cygwin-staging/.ssh/authorized_keys.orig /sourceware/cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir

2) create a mysql account with which I could use to update the Cygwin
mirror database without root access?

TIA,

Yaakov

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 1
@ 2014-08-03 18:21 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2014-08-03 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaakov Selkowitz; +Cc: overseers

Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> writes:

> For starters, could someone please
>
> 1) chown cygwin:cygstage
> /sourceware/cygwin-staging/.ssh/authorized_keys.orig
> /sourceware/cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir

Done.

> 2) create a mysql account with which I could use to update the Cygwin
> mirror database without root access?

I don't know how to do this.  I didn't think that mysql paid attention
to whether it was invoked by root, but there is a lot I don't know about
mysql.

Ian

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 1
@ 2014-08-04  7:57   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-04  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, yselkowi

On Aug  3 11:21, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> writes:
>
> > For starters, could someone please
> >
> > 1) chown cygwin:cygstage
> > /sourceware/cygwin-staging/.ssh/authorized_keys.orig
> > /sourceware/cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir
>
> Done.

Thanks, Ian.  There are a couple more files with too strict permissions
and we're just starting to find them.  Could you perhaps also change
the following files under /sourceware1/www/sourceware/htdocs/cygwin
to cygwin-admin ownership as well?

  setup-2.850.x86.exe
  setup-2.850.x86_64.exe
  setup-x86.exe
  setup-x86_64.exe

There may me a lot more, but, as I said, we're just beginning to get a
grip.

> > 2) create a mysql account with which I could use to update the Cygwin
> > mirror database without root access?
>
> I don't know how to do this.  I didn't think that mysql paid attention
> to whether it was invoked by root, but there is a lot I don't know about
> mysql.

Oh.  Who knows more about mysql so we can change that?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 1
@ 2014-08-04 15:16     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-04 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 2014-08-04 02:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug  3 11:21, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>>> 2) create a mysql account with which I could use to update the Cygwin
>>> mirror database without root access?
>>
>> I don't know how to do this.  I didn't think that mysql paid attention
>> to whether it was invoked by root, but there is a lot I don't know about
>> mysql.
>
> Oh.  Who knows more about mysql so we can change that?

FChE is helping me off-list with mysql.

@ 2014-08-04 21:55     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2014-08-04 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: yselkowi

Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> writes:

> Thanks, Ian.  There are a couple more files with too strict permissions
> and we're just starting to find them.  Could you perhaps also change
> the following files under /sourceware1/www/sourceware/htdocs/cygwin
> to cygwin-admin ownership as well?
>
>   setup-2.850.x86.exe
>   setup-2.850.x86_64.exe
>   setup-x86.exe
>   setup-x86_64.exe

Done.

Ian

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 1
@ 2014-08-05  7:56       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-05  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: yselkowi