* dead link on "kawa mailing list archives"
@ 2016-01-25 15:50 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-01-25 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

The first link on https://sourceware.org/ml/kawa/ points to
http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner/kawa.html . Ooops.
That should point to https://sourceware.org/kawa/ or alternatively
the actual home-page http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa

Kawa still uses Sourceware for the mailing list and Subversion.
I'm starting to get more fluent with Git (which I use for my
new project DomTerm https://github.com/PerBothner/DomTerm) so at
some point I might move Kawa fom Svn to Git (on either Sourceware
or Savannah.gnu.org, not GitHub),
--
	--Per Bothner

From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-01-26 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Bothner; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> The first link on https://sourceware.org/ml/kawa/ points to
> http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner/kawa.html . Ooops.
> That should point to https://sourceware.org/kawa/ or alternatively
> the actual home-page http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa

Fixed (to point to the latter).

> Kawa still uses Sourceware for the mailing list and Subversion.
> I'm starting to get more fluent with Git (which I use for my
> new project DomTerm https://github.com/PerBothner/DomTerm) so at
> some point I might move Kawa fom Svn to Git (on either Sourceware
> or Savannah.gnu.org, not GitHub),

Let us know.

- FChE

* Re: dead link on "kawa mailing list archives"
@ 2016-01-26 22:59   ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-01-26 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On 01/26/2016 08:22 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
>> The first link on https://sourceware.org/ml/kawa/ points to
>> http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner/kawa.html . Ooops.
>> That should point to https://sourceware.org/kawa/ or alternatively
>> the actual home-page http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa
>
> Fixed (to point to the latter).

Thanks!

>> Kawa still uses Sourceware for the mailing list and Subversion.
>> I'm starting to get more fluent with Git (which I use for my
>> new project DomTerm https://github.com/PerBothner/DomTerm) so at
>> some point I might move Kawa fom Svn to Git (on either Sourceware
>> or Savannah.gnu.org, not GitHub),
>
> Let us know.

If you have a script or process that makes it trivial to convert from
Svn to Git, that would be a reason to stick to Sourceware.  Otherwise,
Savannah might make more sense, I suppose.  (When the time comes.)
--
	--Per Bothner

@ 2016-01-27 14:39     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-01-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Bothner; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> [...]  If you have a script or process that makes it trivial to
> convert from Svn to Git, that would be a reason to stick to
> Sourceware.  [...]

AIUI it's pretty trivial already, whether using native git tools, or
esr's reposurgeon.  The only complication I know of is that some
projects try to improve their contributor-name database when they
switch to git, to go beyond 'userid' to 'userid@host Real Name',
and they may not have all the Real Names handy already.

- FChE