* Please block seurer@linux.vnet.ibm.com from gcc-regression
@ 2016-04-19  9:57 Joseph Myers
       [not found] ` <201604191351.u3JDpXp3030885@d01av01.pok.ibm.com>
From: Joseph Myers @ 2016-04-19  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Seurer on genoa (POWER8)
  Cc: pthaugen, wschmidt, gcc-regression, gcc, overseers

In the past few days, seurer@linux.vnet.ibm.com has sent half a gigabyte
of huge messages such as
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2016-04/msg03559.html> to
gcc-regression, those messages containing no actual useful information
about regressions caused by GCC commits.  Overseers, could you block that
address from posting to gcc-regression until we have confirmation that the
process sending those messages to gcc-regression has stopped and will not
be restarted and that there are no more such messages waiting in a mail
queue somewhere (all the messages seem to be dated Sunday, but they are
still coming through)?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: Please block seurer@linux.vnet.ibm.com from gcc-regression
@ 2016-04-19 13:23 ` Bill Seurer
       [not found] ` <201604191351.u3JDpXp3030885@d01av01.pok.ibm.com>
From: Bill Seurer @ 2016-04-19 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers; +Cc: pthaugen, wschmidt, gcc-regression, gcc, overseers

On 04/19/16 04:56, Joseph Myers wrote:
> In the past few days, seurer@linux.vnet.ibm.com has sent half a gigabyte
> of huge messages such as
> <https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2016-04/msg03559.html> to
> gcc-regression, those messages containing no actual useful information
> about regressions caused by GCC commits.  Overseers, could you block that
> address from posting to gcc-regression until we have confirmation that the
> process sending those messages to gcc-regression has stopped and will not
> be restarted and that there are no more such messages waiting in a mail
> queue somewhere (all the messages seem to be dated Sunday, but they are
> still coming through)?

I apologize about that.  I activated gcc 6 on our tester Sunday but
failed to prime the source first.  That caused the tester scripts to
loop trying to get the source and failing.

I updated the scripts yesterday to prevent this from happening in the
future.
--

-Bill Seurer

@ 2016-04-19 16:31   ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2016-04-19 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Schmidt
  Cc: gcc, gcc-regression, overseers, Pat Haugen,
	Bill Seurer on genoa (POWER8)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Bill Schmidt wrote:

> We're sorry for the problems.  Bill was updating our scripts to enable the
> gcc-6-branch for testing, and unfortunately things went massively wrong.
> This has been shut down, and we're taking several precautions to ensure
> nothing like this happens again.  There should be no further bad messages
> after the ones on Sunday, so once those are cleared up it should be safe to
> re-enable the sending email address.

Overseers, the messages are still coming through (e.g.
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2016-04/msg04147.html>), so we
still need the block until the mail queue in question has emptied.

--

@ 2016-04-19 22:15     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2016-04-19 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Schmidt, gcc-regression, overseers, gcc, Pat Haugen,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 04:30:45PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Apr 2016, Bill Schmidt wrote:
>
>> We're sorry for the problems.  Bill was updating our scripts to enable the
>> gcc-6-branch for testing, and unfortunately things went massively wrong.
>> This has been shut down, and we're taking several precautions to ensure
>> nothing like this happens again.  There should be no further bad messages
>> after the ones on Sunday, so once those are cleared up it should be safe to
>> re-enable the sending email address.
>
>Overseers, the messages are still coming through (e.g.
><https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-regression/2016-04/msg04147.html>), so we
>still need the block until the mail queue in question has emptied.

This email address has been blocked.

cgf