* GCC/classpath bugzilla spam
@ 2016-07-26 18:07 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2016-07-26 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

GNU Classpath uses the GCC bugzilla for issue tracking.
It seems there is a large flood of spam the last two days.
I see around 50 new spam bugs being opened just the last 6 hours.
See https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-classpath/2016-07/index.html

Unfortunately I am travelling and don't have easy internet access.
Could someone take a look to see if there can be anything done
to stop people creating new "spam" bugs?

Thanks,

Mark

* Re: GCC/classpath bugzilla spam
@ 2016-07-26 18:33 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-07-26 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> GNU Classpath uses the GCC bugzilla for issue tracking.
> It seems there is a large flood of spam the last two days. [...]

After discussion on #overseers, we disabled new account creation on
both sourceware & gcc side bugzilla trackers.  Obviously they need to
be turned back on sometime soon.  I wish bugzilla5 had more anti-spam
measures.

- FChE