* Fwd: Unnatural outbound links from http://sourceware.org/ violate Google Webmaster Guidelines
       [not found] <1e7fc2e614eb8a07.1478940120684.724301.636200.en.ee01e9da08d3628@google.com>
@ 2016-11-12 23:41 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2016-11-12 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Apparently we have spam links coming out of
sourceware.org/cygwinports.  Anybody want to look into this?

Ian

From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-11-12 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers, yselkowitz

Hi -

> Apparently we have spam links coming out of
> http://sourceware.org/cygwinports.  Anybody want to look into this?

Yeah, I got a copy of that report too.  cvs logs indicate
yselkowitz added some odd/broken Sponsors links to

  /sourceware1/www/sourceware/htdocs/cygwinports/index.html

a year ago.  Maybe that's what google is complaining about.
IMHO they are suspicious and should be removed.  Yaakov?
BTW, to whom do those paypal donations go?

- FChE

* Re: Fwd: Unnatural outbound links from http://sourceware.org/ violate Google Webmaster Guidelines
@ 2016-11-15 19:10     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-11-15 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 2016-11-12 17:49, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> Apparently we have spam links coming out of
>> http://sourceware.org/cygwinports.  Anybody want to look into this?
>
> Yeah, I got a copy of that report too.  cvs logs indicate
> yselkowitz added some odd/broken Sponsors links to
>
>   /sourceware1/www/sourceware/htdocs/cygwinports/index.html
>
> a year ago.  Maybe that's what google is complaining about.
> IMHO they are suspicious and should be removed.  Yaakov?

Following the lead of the main Cygwin site, I marked these nofollow.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Software Engineer - Platform Enablement Group