* valgrind.git at sourceware.org
@ 2017-07-31 21:06 Ivo Raisr
From: Ivo Raisr @ 2017-07-31 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Dear overseers,

Please could you change valgrind git repository directory name so that
the absolute directory name ends with "valgrind" or "valgrind.git".

Currently it is a symlink:
$ ls -l /sourceware/git/ | grep valgrind
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root    root       43 Feb  6 21:02 valgrind.git ->
/sourceware/projects/valgrind-home/gitfiles

However we would like to enable AdaCore git hooks (similarly to
gdb-binutils, for example)
and they take directory absolute name as the git repository name. In
our case it is "gitfiles", then,
which gets embedded in commit emails sent and it's very confusing.

I don't really care what the resulting directory structure will look
like as long as the git repository
directory name is either "valgrind" or "valgrind.git".
Please let me know the resulting name.

Thank you!
I.

* Re: valgrind.git at sourceware.org
@ 2017-07-31 21:11 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-07-31 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivo Raisr; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> However we would like to enable AdaCore git hooks (similarly to
> gdb-binutils, for example) and they take directory absolute name as
> the git repository name. In our case it is "gitfiles", then, which
> gets embedded in commit emails sent and it's very confusing.

Hm, too bad those scripts must make that inference.

> directory name is either "valgrind" or "valgrind.git".

I just renamed things and put a backward-compat symlink in place:

[root@sourceware valgrind-home]# ls -al `pwd`
total 12
drwxrwsr-x.  3 root valgrind 4096 Jul 31 21:10 .
drwxr-xr-x. 82 root root     4096 Feb  9 01:16 ..
lrwxrwxrwx.  1 root valgrind   12 Jul 31 21:10 gitfiles -> valgrind.git
drwxrwsr-x.  8 fche valgrind 4096 Jul 31 14:15 valgrind.git

- FChE