* Question: how to update ssh public key?
@ 2020-01-23  2:00 Yangfei (Felix)
From: Yangfei (Felix) @ 2020-01-23  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

  I already have an account on sourceware.org and my login name is: fyang
  Unfortunately, my computer is broken.  So I am switching to a new computer for development.  Then I need to update the ssh public key.
  Could you please tell me the correct way to do that?
  Thanks for your help.

Felix

* Re: Question: how to update ssh public key?
@ 2020-01-23  3:46 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2020-01-23  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yangfei (Felix); +Cc: overseers

"Yangfei (Felix)" <felix.yang@huawei.com> writes:

>   I already have an account on sourceware.org and my login name is: fyang
>   Unfortunately, my computer is broken.  So I am switching to a new
> computer for development.  Then I need to update the ssh public key.
>   Could you please tell me the correct way to do that?

You should make a backup of your SSH private key to avoid this kind of
problem.

If you do not have a backup, you will have to send a new public key to
this mailing list.

Ian

* RE: Question: how to update ssh public key?
@ 2020-01-23  4:22   ` Yangfei (Felix)
From: Yangfei (Felix) @ 2020-01-23  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Hi,

  Thanks for the timely reply.
  Yes, I have a backup of the private key in my USB device.
  Does this help in any way?

Best regards,
Felix

@ 2020-01-23  5:05     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2020-01-23  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yangfei (Felix); +Cc: overseers

"Yangfei (Felix)" <felix.yang@huawei.com> writes:

>   Thanks for the timely reply.
>   Yes, I have a backup of the private key in my USB device.
>   Does this help in any way?

Yes, that means that you still contact gcc.gnu.org.  Using the private
key, you can run

    ssh gcc.gnu.org append-key < new-public-key

or you can replace the existing key with

    ssh gcc.gnu.org replace-key < new-public-key

You can test whether SSH works with your private key with

    ssh gcc.gnu.org alive

Ian

* Re: Question: how to update ssh public key?
@ 2020-01-23  5:27       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-01-23  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Yangfei (Felix), overseers

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 09:05:17PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>"Yangfei (Felix)" <felix.yang@huawei.com> writes:
>
>>   Thanks for the timely reply.
>>   Yes, I have a backup of the private key in my USB device.
>>   Does this help in any way?
>
>Yes, that means that you still contact gcc.gnu.org.  Using the private
>key, you can run
>
>    ssh gcc.gnu.org append-key < new-public-key
>
>or you can replace the existing key with
>
>    ssh gcc.gnu.org replace-key < new-public-key
>
>You can test whether SSH works with your private key with
>
>    ssh gcc.gnu.org alive

Why not just move the private key into your .ssh directory and continue
to use it as you always did?

cgf