* Foreign objects in www/gcc/htdocs (got removed)
@ 2020-03-14 22:37 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2020-03-14 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

After the migration, GCC website updates -- both based on individual
commits as well as the nightly runs -- have not happened (or at least
not successfully) for a while.

To recover, I just invoked /www/gcc/bin/preprocess manually, which
update pages that had failed to update earlier (good!), alas also
produced the following output:

   Removing obsolete files in /www/gcc/htdocs.
   Removing obsolete file ./git/GIT19/gitweb.css
   Removing obsolete file ./git/GIT19/gitweb.js
   Removing obsolete file ./git/.htaccess
   Removing obsolete file ./git/git-favicon.png
   Removing obsolete file ./git/git-logo.png
   Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.cgi
   Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.css
   Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.js

This looks like something was directly placed in the web tree?

(To be clear, I did not remove anything.  This is a script that runs
once a day - modulo some other issues which I'll report separately.)

Gerald

* Re: Foreign objects in www/gcc/htdocs (got removed)
@ 2020-03-19 16:46 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-03-19 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> To recover, I just invoked /www/gcc/bin/preprocess manually, which
> update pages that had failed to update earlier (good!), alas also
> produced the following output:
>
>    Removing obsolete files in /www/gcc/htdocs.
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/GIT19/gitweb.css
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/GIT19/gitweb.js
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/.htaccess
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/git-favicon.png
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/git-logo.png
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.cgi
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.css
>    Removing obsolete file ./git/gitweb.js

I believe it will be fine to remove all of these files.  gitweb is now
served from a global /git/ set of httpd alias configurations,
including the cgi/css/js bits.  The only ones used in the documentroot
tree are the gitweb_config.perl and gitweb-project-list files.

- FChE