* Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
@ 2020-03-22 15:29 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2020-03-22 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed that I seemed to miss various emails to the mailinglists.
Turned out that on the new setup "Avoid duplicate copies of messages"
was turned to "Yes", which apparently just doesn't sent you a copy of a
message to the list if you happen to be on the To or CC already...
groan.

That is somewhat inconvenient with my local setup since I normally
delete any messages in my INBOX which are also sent to a mailinglist
that I don't need to respond to immediately. I'll then get to them when
I go over the mailinglist folder. But the above setting means those
emails never hit my mailinglist folder since they aren't even sent...
oops.

You might want to consider correcting this for everybody which didn't
have this setting set to on in the previous setup to prevent more
confusion and lost emails.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
@ 2020-03-22 15:39 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-03-22 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> I noticed that I seemed to miss various emails to the mailinglists.
> Turned out that on the new setup "Avoid duplicate copies of messages"
> was turned to "Yes", which apparently just doesn't sent you a copy of a
> message to the list if you happen to be on the To or CC already...
> groan.

This is now a personal setting that you can modify if you log onto
your mailman list preferences page.

- FChE