Cc: Arseny Solokha <asolokha@gmx.com>,
	Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>,
	richard.sandiford@arm.com,
	Bernd Edlinger <bernd.edlinger@hotmail.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 12:00:44 -0400	[thread overview]

[gcc mailing list removed]
On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 12:01:59PM +0200, Bernd Edlinger wrote:
>On 4/2/20 11:48 AM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> Sorry for the confusion :-)
>
>No problem, I know who you are.

So do I.  Hi Richard!

>But if I write a mail I spend a lot of time for it, and if it bounces,
>that work is lost.  This makes a bad start, and the first impression
>usually decides a lot in our lives.

Thunderbird, and most other email clients, have a "Sent" folder so this
is just ridiculous.

I'm not going to respond to most of the other points.  Having a public
discussion about someone's inconvenience with my email address is silly.

I will reiterate the that if there are issues with marc.info, or any
other non-sourceware.org mailing list archiver they need to be addressed
with the non-sourceware.org entity.

If there are issues with email received from sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org
like attachments looking funny, then, of course, we will want to hear
about them.  We care if email doesn't show up in our subscribers inbox
or if the sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org archives are incorrect.

We don't care if attachments look wrong on sites over which we have no
control.  We don't care if email isn't showing up on other archiving
sites.  We would certainly listen to concerns from the owners of other
sites but there are no guarantees that we would change anything to make
their lives easier.  That's not how this works.

Your valid point about http vs. https has been corrected.  Future
attachments will show https.  We'll schedule a mailing list archive
rebuild at some point to fix the rest. Thanks for  bringing that issue
to our attention.