* update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-09 22:53 Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-04-09 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Would it be possible to update my public SSH key on sourceware, please,
for user "brobecke"? Or is there a way for me to do that myself?

I am attaching the new key.

Thank you,
--
Joel

[-- Attachment #2: id_rsa.pub --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 754 bytes --]

ssh-rsa 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 2019-12-09-brobecke@takamaka

* Re: update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-09 23:09 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2020-04-09 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Joel,

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:53:21PM -0700, Joel Brobecker via Overseers wrote:
> Would it be possible to update my public SSH key on sourceware, please,
> for user "brobecke"? Or is there a way for me to do that myself?

See https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html

Use either ssh sourceware.org appendkey < newkey.pub
or ssh sourceware.org replacekey < newkey.pub

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-09 23:21   ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-04-09 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:53:21PM -0700, Joel Brobecker via Overseers wrote:
> > Would it be possible to update my public SSH key on sourceware, please,
> > for user "brobecke"? Or is there a way for me to do that myself?
>
> See https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html
>
> Use either ssh sourceware.org appendkey < newkey.pub
> or ssh sourceware.org replacekey < newkey.pub

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately, these don't work:

    $ ssh sourceware.org replacekey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
    bash: replacekey: command not found
    $ ssh sourceware.org appendkey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
    bash: appendkey: command not found

I'm able to log onto the machine as user gdbadmin, and doing
a "locate" of those commands returns nothing. I assume these
should be scripts?

--
Joel

* Re: update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-10  0:10     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2020-04-10  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 04:21:28PM -0700, Joel Brobecker via Overseers wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:53:21PM -0700, Joel Brobecker via Overseers wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to update my public SSH key on sourceware, please,
> > > for user "brobecke"? Or is there a way for me to do that myself?
> >
> > See https://sourceware.org/sourceware/accountinfo.html
> >
> > Use either ssh sourceware.org appendkey < newkey.pub
> > or ssh sourceware.org replacekey < newkey.pub
>
> Thanks Mark. Unfortunately, these don't work:
>
>     $ ssh sourceware.org replacekey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
>     bash: replacekey: command not found
>     $ ssh sourceware.org appendkey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
>     bash: appendkey: command not found

That is odd. The user brobecke shouldn't have a bash shell.  Could it
be that ssh is using another account for which you have a real shell?
Could you try the above with an explicit brobecke@sourceware.org ?

> I'm able to log onto the machine as user gdbadmin, and doing
> a "locate" of those commands returns nothing. I assume these
> should be scripts?

It is actually a restricted shell /sourceware/infra/bin/rash which is
really a perl script that should add that key to
~/.ssh/authorized_keys (but with lots of sanity checking).

So, if you do actually have bash as shell for your account, then you
can also edit ~/.ssh/authorized_keys directly.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-10  0:31       ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-04-10  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> >     $ ssh sourceware.org replacekey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
> >     bash: replacekey: command not found
> >     $ ssh sourceware.org appendkey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
> >     bash: appendkey: command not found
>
> So, if you do actually have bash as shell for your account, then you
> can also edit ~/.ssh/authorized_keys directly.

Exactly.

- FChE

* Re: update user brobecke's public SSH key
@ 2020-04-10 12:49       ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-04-10 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Thanks Mark. Unfortunately, these don't work:
> >
> >     $ ssh sourceware.org replacekey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
> >     bash: replacekey: command not found
> >     $ ssh sourceware.org appendkey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub
> >     bash: appendkey: command not found
>
> That is odd. The user brobecke shouldn't have a bash shell.  Could it
> be that ssh is using another account for which you have a real shell?
> Could you try the above with an explicit brobecke@sourceware.org ?

Headslap. I'm an idiot...

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction, Mark. For
sourceware.org, because I have access to two accounts ("brobecke"
is my restricted user account for pushing commits, while "gdbadmin"
is a shared account for GDB admin stuff, and in particular for
releases). Because I was doing "ssh gdbadmin@sourceware" a lot,
I thought it would be more efficient to configure my SSH to
use gdbadmin by default when ssh-ing to sourceware, and then
force "brobecke" back in my git repositories. That works very
well until the day you miss the implication on the instructions
above.

I'm happy to confirm that...

    $ ssh brobecke@sourceware.org replacekey < .ssh/id_rsa.pub

... worked like a charm. From there, I removed the old key from
my agent, and was able to fetch from GDB, so I think it's all set.

Thanks again!

--
Joel

* update user brobecke's public SSH key