* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
       [not found] <3CDC7322-A1AE-4045-AC3C-72924DF23064@adacore.com>
@ 2020-04-23 10:11 ` Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2020-04-23 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Hainque, GCC Development; +Cc: Joel Brobecker, overseers

On 23/04/2020 11:09, Olivier Hainque wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since April 14 or so, I am not receiving any more messages
> from the gcc or gcc-patches mailing lists.
>
> This turns out to coincide with the date I sent to multiple
> lists the message announcing the unfortunate cancellation of
> the 2020 GNU Tools Cauldron.
>
>   https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2020-April/232119.html
>
> I'm sorry if that was wrong somehow. I understand we're
> supposed not to cross post in general. That didn't seem
> inappropriate in this particular case.
>
> A re-subscription attempt to the gcc mailing list just
> failed, expectedly I guess.
>
> I'd appreciate a suggestion on how I should proceed from
> there.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Olivier

One for the Overseers, I suspect.

R.

* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
@ 2020-04-23 14:34   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-04-23 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Olivier Hainque, GCC Development, Richard Earnshaw, Joel Brobecker

Hi -

> > A re-subscription attempt to the gcc mailing list just
> > failed, expectedly I guess.

I see no sign in the logs of Olivier being banned in any form.  Please
resubscribe online and forward complete failure symptoms if you
believe this is still happening.

- FChE

* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
@ 2020-04-23 15:00   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-04-23 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Earnshaw; +Cc: Olivier Hainque, overseers

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:11:23AM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>On 23/04/2020 11:09, Olivier Hainque wrote:
>>Since April 14 or so, I am not receiving any more messages from the gcc
>>or gcc-patches mailing lists.
>>
>>This turns out to coincide with the date I sent to multiple lists the
>>message announcing the unfortunate cancellation of the 2020 GNU Tools
>>Cauldron.
>>
>>https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2020-April/232119.html
>>
>>I'm sorry if that was wrong somehow.  I understand we're supposed not
>>to cross post in general.  That didn't seem inappropriate in this
>>particular case.
>>
>>A re-subscription attempt to the gcc mailing list just failed,
>>expectedly I guess.
>>
>>I'd appreciate a suggestion on how I should proceed from there.
>
>One for the Overseers, I suspect.

Actually, it would be one for postmaster.

hainque@adacore.com is marked as non-spam in spamassassin's txrep
database.

If a subscription failed then maybe it's because they are already
subscribed.  More details would help if this persists.

* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
@ 2020-04-23 15:13     ` Olivier Hainque
From: Olivier Hainque @ 2020-04-23 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler
	Joel Brobecker

Hi Frank,

> On 23 Apr 2020, at 16:34, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
>>> A re-subscription attempt to the gcc mailing list just
>>> failed, expectedly I guess.
>
> I see no sign in the logs of Olivier being banned in any form.  Please
> resubscribe online and forward complete failure symptoms if you
> believe this is still happening.

Thanks for your feedback!

I managed to subscribe again by going through the gcc
list specific info page :-)

My previous attempts were issued from

  https://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html#subscribe

Subscribing from there doesn't work and leads
to a page which provides instructions which don't work
either.

From there I thought the coincidence was troubling.

There is actually a FAQ link on the instructions page,
which I just checked, and ... it directs to a 404 page:

  https://sourceware.org/pipermail/index.html#faqs

I'll try to re-subscribe to gcc-patches now.

Thanks again!

With Kind Regards,

Olivier

* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
@ 2020-04-23 15:45       ` Christopher Faylor
       [not found]         ` <CAH6eHdSBsVL0its+nDYpQ8ySJEHLbKR1j2VVbak9B4_yUqcvLQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-04-23 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 05:13:13PM +0200, Olivier Hainque wrote:
>Hi Frank,
>
>> On 23 Apr 2020, at 16:34, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi -

>> I see no sign in the logs of Olivier being banned in any form.  Please
>> resubscribe online and forward complete failure symptoms if you
>> believe this is still happening.
>
>Thanks for your feedback!
>
>I managed to subscribe again by going through the gcc
>list specific info page :-)
>
>My previous attempts were issued from
>
>  https://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html#subscribe
>
>Subscribing from there doesn't work and leads
>to a page which provides instructions which don't work
>either.

From there I thought the coincidence was troubling.

>There is actually a FAQ link on the instructions page,
>which I just checked, and ... it directs to a 404 page:
>
>  https://sourceware.org/pipermail/index.html#faqs
>
>I'll try to re-subscribe to gcc-patches now.

All of the above is handled by whomever is responsible for the
gcc web pages.  It would be nice if someone fixed those links.

* Re: blacklisted after announce on GNU cauldron ?
       [not found]           ` <CAH6eHdRxmsUK7W0Y6ZC-+v92FH9AP-sNRjE5zfp4t1Pi+VVg7Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-04-23 18:39             ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-04-23 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 06:39:54PM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 18:02, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 16:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>All of the above is handled by whomever is responsible for the gcc web
>>>pages.  It would be nice if someone fixed those links.
>>
>>Yes, removing the broken subcription form on gcc.gnu.org/lists.html is
>>on my TODO list, but gcc-10 work is higher priority.
>
>Patch submitted for approval now:
>https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2020-April/544461.html

Thanks!

cgf