* python: can the "enum" package be installed? #999
@ 2020-08-07 15:56 Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-08-07 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

For the git-hooks, which is currently a Python-2.7 set of scripts,
some recent changes I made are using the enum package. This package
is standard starting with Python 3.4, but apparently not in Python 2.7.
Can we get that module installed, please?

If it was my own Python I had built, I would probably do something
like...

    pip install enum

... but maybe there is actually a redhat package that provides it too?

Thank you!
--
Joel

PS: Conversion of the git-hooks to Python 3.x is on the agenda, but
    I'm busy finishing up on all the enhancement request from the GCC
    community first. I don't anticipate the conversion to be ready
    before probably end of this year (I have to redo the testsuite
    framework, and convert all the testcases, all 200 of them).

* Re: python: can the "enum" package be installed? #999
@ 2020-08-07 15:59 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-08-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> For the git-hooks, which is currently a Python-2.7 set of scripts,
> some recent changes I made are using the enum package. This package
> is standard starting with Python 3.4, but apparently not in Python 2.7.
> Can we get that module installed, please?

Done (via python2-enum34).

- FChE

* Re: python: can the "enum" package be installed? #999
@ 2020-08-07 16:15   ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-08-07 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > For the git-hooks, which is currently a Python-2.7 set of scripts,
> > some recent changes I made are using the enum package. This package
> > is standard starting with Python 3.4, but apparently not in Python 2.7.
> > Can we get that module installed, please?
>
> Done (via python2-enum34).

Thanks a lot for the super fast update, Frank!

--
Joel