* Correct my last name
       [not found] <5f1b4467-6d28-996b-c260-0cdb192bd79d@codesourcery.com>
@ 2020-12-08  7:42 ` Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 2020-12-08  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

it seems that my last name is garbled for commits (see the mail below).

Would it be possible to change that to the alternate spelling "Thomas
Koenig"?

Best regards

     Thomas

Betreff: 	Re: git commits no longer visible on bugzilla?
Datum: 	Mon, 7 Dec 2020 10:12:48 +0100
Von: 	Tobias Burnus <tobias@codesourcery.com>
<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

Hi Thomas,

On 07.12.20 09:27, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> However, what puzzles me is
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-cvs/2020-December/338684.html –this
> is your commit. But while in the commit, I see "Koenig" for both
> 'Author' and 'Commit', the 'From:' of that email shows (at least in
> Pipermail) instead of 'oe' the Hindi letters 'tha' and 'Gh: '*थघ*'.

Seemingly, the hook (→ https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks) takes
the full name belonging to the user at gcc.gnu.org. And when
Richard checked it for me, for your name it returns (for his locale):
getent passwd tkoenig:

'Thomas Kथà¤'.
or passed through 'od':
…: T h o m a s K 340 244 245 340 244 230 n i g :…

If I didn't make a mistake, those numbers convert to hex:
E0 A3 A5 E0 A3 98
which I looks like garbage to me. At least it does not seem
to make sense in neither UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32 and I also
do not see any relation with the byte-order character.

I think there are two issues:

(a) Your name is wrong (should be 'ö' or safer 'oe')
→ I think you need to contact overseers via IRC or email
overseers@
(b) Non-ASCII should probably be accepted in the flow; it looks
as if the bugzilla email script mishandles/rejects this email
even though it contains valid Hindi letters.

Currently, the name comes from <git-hooks>/hooks/updates/emails.py:
self.email_from = '%s <%s@%s>' % (get_user_full_name(),
get_user_name(),
from_domain)
(those functions come from the 'utils' module.)
e_msg['From'] = sanitized_email_address(self.email_info.email_from)
(and this does a RFC2047 encoding)

Tobias

-----------------
Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH, Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München /
Germany
Registergericht München HRB 106955, Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung,
Alexander Walter

* Re: Correct my last name
@ 2020-12-08 12:43   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-12-08 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> it seems that my last name is garbled for commits (see the mail below).
> Would it be possible to change that to the alternate spelling "Thomas
> Koenig"?

Certainly, done.  I could put the proper o-umlaut there if you like.

- FChE

* Re: Correct my last name
@ 2020-12-08 14:43     ` Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 2020-12-08 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.12.20 um 13:43 schrieb Frank Ch. Eigler:
> Hi -
>
>> it seems that my last name is garbled for commits (see the mail below).
>> Would it be possible to change that to the alternate spelling "Thomas
>> Koenig"?
>
> Certainly, done.

Thanks!

> I could put the proper o-umlaut there if you like.

That would be even better (if it doesn't break anything :-)

Best regards

	Thomas

* Re: Correct my last name
@ 2020-12-08 14:46       ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-12-08 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> > I could put the proper o-umlaut there if you like.
> That would be even better (if it doesn't break anything :-)

OK, done:

[root@server2 etc]# grep -i tkoe /etc/passwd
tkoenig:x:1432:1000:Thomas König:/home/tkoenig:/sourceware/infra/bin/rash

- FChE