* want to submit glibc bug but "account locked due to spam"
@ 2021-08-31  7:32 Frederick Eaton
From: Frederick Eaton @ 2021-08-31  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Dear Overseers,

This page: https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

says "Account locked due to spam. Ref.: 6340 If you believe your account should be restored, please send email to overseers@sourceware.org explaining why."

If you can explain why my account was locked in the first place, then it might be easier for me to subsequently attempt to explain why it should be restored.

In any case I'm seeking help with a bug in glibc, where usually "getent hosts somehost.local" returns the correct IP, but occasionally it returns a random IP address from outside my local network. Seems like a security issue.

Thanks,

Frederick

* Re: want to submit glibc bug but "account locked due to spam"
@ 2021-08-31  9:14 ` Frederick Eaton
From: Frederick Eaton @ 2021-08-31  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

By the way, I no longer want to submit a bug about that last paragraph, but would still like an unlocked account at some point... Thanks!