* Hosting www.valgrind.org on sourceware
@ 2021-09-22 12:15 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-09-22 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sourceware Overseers,

Would it be possible to host https://www.valgrind.org/ on sourceware?
valgrind already uses the sourceware git infrastructure and publishes
releases on sourceware.

Currently the website is maintained in a remote svn repository with
only a few developers having access to update it. We would like to move
that repository to git on sourceware so that any valgrind developer can
update the website. Since the files are already on sourceware it would
be convenient if sourceware could also host the website itself.

The website is mainly plain (html/image) files with a few php files for
the header, footer and side-menu. But we could rewrite those if that
would be an issue.

Would it be OK for me to set this up? I can create the valgrind-
htdoc.git and hooks myself. Julian can update DNS to make valgrind.org
and www.valgrind.org a CNAME for sourceware.org. I might need some help
with apache vhost and the Let's Encrypt for https setup.

Thanks,

Mark

* Re: Hosting www.valgrind.org on sourceware
@ 2021-09-22 12:27 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2021-09-22 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> Would it be OK for me to set this up? I can create the valgrind-
> htdoc.git and hooks myself. Julian can update DNS to make valgrind.org
> and www.valgrind.org a CNAME for sourceware.org. I might need some help
> with apache vhost and the Let's Encrypt for https setup.

Who can say no to someone volunteering to do the work!  Welcome.

- FChE

* Re: Hosting www.valgrind.org on sourceware
@ 2021-10-17 13:28   ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2021-10-17 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 08:27:24AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler via Overseers wrote:
> > Would it be OK for me to set this up? I can create the valgrind-
> > htdoc.git and hooks myself. Julian can update DNS to make valgrind.org
> > and www.valgrind.org a CNAME for sourceware.org. I might need some help
> > with apache vhost and the Let's Encrypt for https setup.
>
> Who can say no to someone volunteering to do the work!  Welcome.

I finally managed to do this. I added valgrind-htdocs.git with hooks
to checkout the tree in /sourceware/projects/htdocs on post-update.
https://sourceware.org/git/valgrind-htdocs.git It has all the commits
from the old svn repo except for the various tar.bz2 archives under
downloads because they bloated the repo and most of them are under
https://sourceware.org/pub/valgrind/ those which weren't are now under
https://sourceware.org/pub/valgrind/archive/ they are very old.

I added /etc/httpd/conf.d/sourceware-vhost-valgrind.conf which mainly
contains redirects from http to https and www.valgrind.org to
valgrind.org. I bootstrapped a valgrind.org certbot certificate using
valgrind.wildebeest.org (the test site), once DNS are changed we can
add valgrind.org and www.valgrind.org to it.

Because php is used inside .html pages and there is a header.php and
footer.php that are required to be included in every page I also
created a separate php-fpm pool as /etc/php-fpm.d/valgrind.conf. This
creates a valgrind.sock that the vhost uses so it doesn't interfere
with any other vhost using php.

The results can be seen at https://valgrind.wildebeest.org/

Julian, if you think this looks good, could you set valgrind.org and
www.valgrind.org as CNAMEs to sourceware.org ? Then I'll update the
letsencrypt certificates so https works as expected.

Cheers,

@ 2021-10-17 14:33     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2021-10-17 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> > Who can say no to someone volunteering to do the work!  Welcome.
>
> I finally managed to do this. [...]

Nice work, thorough!

- FChE

* Re: Hosting www.valgrind.org on sourceware
@ 2021-10-17 19:30       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2021-10-17 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 10:33:19AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>Hi -
>
>> > Who can say no to someone volunteering to do the work!  Welcome.
>>
>> I finally managed to do this. [...]
>
>Nice work, thorough!

Ditto!