* Sourceware Open Office Hours
@ 2023-05-15 18:32 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-05-15 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

As a Sourceware project admin or admin of one of the Sourceware
services you might be interested in discussing what the recent
announcement of Sourceware joining the Software Freedom Conservancy as
member project means.

https://sfconservancy.org/news/2023/may/15/sourceware-joins-sfc/

There will be no big changes, this is just an oppertunity to protect
the confidence in the long term future of Sourceware. There is a small
budget already available which we would like to use for extra
redundancy and backup services. But we are happy to discuss other
ideas like mentioned in the original proposal and sourceware technical
roadmap [1] [2].

We will be available to discuss all this in #overseers on
irc.libera.chat now from 18:00 till 19:00 UTC. And we will also start
regular Overseers Open Office Hours every second Friday of the month
on irc at the same time.

Of course you are welcome to drop into the #overseers channel at any
time and we can also be reached through email and bugzilla:
https://sourceware.org/mission.html#organization

If you aren't already and want to keep up to date on Sourceware
infrastructure services then please also subscribe to the overseers
mailinglist. https://sourceware.org/mailman/listinfo/overseers

[1] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q3/018802.html
[2] https://inbox.sourceware.org/overseers/YrLdfDWzq1T4k5xg@wildebeest.org/

* Re: Sourceware Open Office Hours
@ 2023-06-09  9:38 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-06-09  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 08:32:16PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> As a Sourceware project admin or admin of one of the Sourceware
> services you might be interested in discussing what the recent
> announcement of Sourceware joining the Software Freedom Conservancy as
> member project means.
>
> https://sfconservancy.org/news/2023/may/15/sourceware-joins-sfc/
>
> There will be no big changes, this is just an oppertunity to protect
> the confidence in the long term future of Sourceware. There is a small
> budget already available which we would like to use for extra
> redundancy and backup services. But we are happy to discuss other
> ideas like mentioned in the original proposal and sourceware technical
> roadmap [1] [2].
>
> We will be available to discuss all this in #overseers on
> irc.libera.chat now from 18:00 till 19:00 UTC. And we will also start
> regular Overseers Open Office Hours every second Friday of the month
> on irc at the same time.

Which is today! Please feel free to drop by with any Sourceware
hosting questions. Help with email (archives, spam), secure supply
chain, setting up new buildbot CI, producing snapshots, helping write
up some POCs, discussing how the PLC should work, or just to say
things are all working fine.