* Sourceware Open Office, Friday December 8, 18:00 UTC
@ 2023-12-07 23:32 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-12-07 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc, libc-alpha, binutils, gdb

Party time! The last Open Office hour of the year!

Join us this Friday, December 8th in #overseers on irc.libera.chat
from 18:00 till 19:00 UTC.

Lets celebrate all the achievements this last year and look forward to
all the cool stuff we will do next year together.

Thanks to the Conservancy we now also have a donation page:
  https://sourceware.org/donate.html
to fund accelerating tasks the community feels most useful.
More details about our relationship with the Conservancy here:
https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2023/nov/27/sourceware-thanks-conservancy/

This year we got a new cgit setup at https://cygwin.com/cgit/
https://gcc.gnu.org/cgit/ and https://sourceware.org/cgit/ thanks to
Jon Turney for the cygwin work. Got a sparc builder for
builder.sourceware.org thanks to the Gentoo Foundation, OSUOSL and Sam
James. AI came to the bunsen test results [1] thanks to Frank Eigler.
dwarfstd.org, the DWARF Debugging Standard, are now hosted on
Sourceware. This includes git.dwarfstd.org, wiki.dwarfstd.org and
lists.dwarfstd.org. dwarfstd uses gitolite as does cygwin. And the
dwarfstd wiki and website are markdown based. We added https and rsync
mirrors in China. The Software Heritage softwareheritage.org started
archiving the active git repos and the (historic) subversion and cvs
archives. Thanks to Paul Wise for getting the ball rolling. Sourceware
source code integrity using gitsigur [2] with comparisons, developer
workflow examples and composition possibilities for b4 and sigstore
[3]. Sourceware joined the Software Freedom Conservancy [4]. In the
first 6 months we raised $6000 without even having a donation page or
doing any active fundraising. Individual tech sovereignty together.
inbox.sourceware.org now "handles" HTML emails. We wrote the
Sourceware 25 Roadmap [5]. OSUOSL hosts snapshots.sourceware.org a
server to publish static artifacts from current git repos created in
isolated containers. It is used for GNU poke code and doc snapshots,
elfutils code coverage, libabigail website, manuals and api docs,
valgrind snapshots and manuals, DWARF draft spec and glibc continuous
snapshots for git source archives and manuals. Upgraded
patchwork.sourceware.org which is now also used by the Linaro TCWG
CI. Sourceware joined the fediverse at @sourceware@fosstodon.org
[6]. Because of dkim, strict dmarc policies and an old mailman setup
Sourceware mailinglists used From rewriting. No more! We upgraded
mailman, gave up subject prefixes, mail footers, html stripping and
reply-to mangling thanks to the FSF tech-team for their guidance. The
Software Freedom Conservancy extended use of their Big Blue Button
instance to Sourceware projects that want to host video
meetings. OSUOSL have provided us with another arm64 and x86_64 server
to run larger gcc and glibc builds. The other container builders can
now be used for other CI jobs like the autotools generated files
checker for gcc, binutils and gdb [7].

[1] https://inbox.sourceware.org/20230206160507.GA31394@redhat.com/
[2] https://sourceware.org/cgit/gitsigur/
[3] https://inbox.sourceware.org/ZJ3Tihvu6GbOb8%2FR@elastic.org
[4] https://sfconservancy.org/news/2023/may/15/sourceware-joins-sfc/
[5] https://sourceware.org/sourceware-25-roadmap.html
[6] https://fosstodon.org/@sourceware
[7] https://inbox.sourceware.org/20231115194803.GW31613@gnu.wildebeest.org/

Lets take that as inspiration of what we can do in 2024.

For this meeting we will also have a BBB meeting room:
https://bbb.sfconservancy.org/b/mar-aom-dmo-fko
(But the real discussion will be in the irc channel)

If you want to run your own meetings for any Sourceware project you
can create your own account at https://bbb.sfconservancy.org/b/signup
which we can then activate for you. Note: Anyone is able to join a
meeting, accounts are only required to create new meetings.

Of course you are welcome to drop into the #overseers channel at any
time and we can also be reached through email and bugzilla:
https://sourceware.org/mission.html#organization

If you aren't already and want to keep up to date on Sourceware
infrastructure services then please also subscribe to the overseers
mailinglist. https://sourceware.org/mailman/listinfo/overseers

We are also on the fediverse these days:
https://fosstodon.org/@sourceware

The Sourceware Project Leadership Committee also meets once a month to
discuss all community input. The committee will set priorities and
decide how to spend any funds, negotiate with hardware and service
partners, create budgets together with the Conservancy, or decides
when a new fundraising campaign is needed. Up till now we have been
able to add new services without needing to use any of the collected
funds. Our hardware partners have also been very generous with
providing extra servers when requested. The current committee includes
Frank Ch. Eigler, Christopher Faylor, Ian Kelling, Ian Lance Taylor,
Tom Tromey, Jon Turney, Mark J. Wielaard and Elena Zannoni.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-12-07 23:32 UTC | newest]