* New fail2ban for excessive httpd errors
@ 2024-02-01 23:10 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-02-01 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Patchwork Admin

Hi,

We got a spider which overloaded patchwork again causing hundreds of
error messages/emails. I added a new fail2ban config (apache-dos) that
triggers on excessive error from a host in the httpd logs.

I believe it only captures bad bots/spiders/scripts. But if it is too
agressive please let me know.

The ban is just for 15 minutes. You can see who is current banned with
fail2ban-client status apache-dos

And you can always unban people with fail2ban-client unban <ip>

Cheers,

Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-02-01 23:10 UTC | newest]