* Sourceware Open Office, Friday 18:00 UTC, don't feel isolated
@ 2024-03-07 22:06 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2024-03-07 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: gcc, libc-alpha, binutils, gdb

TL;DR; Friday March 8, 18:00 UTC, Sourceware Open Office discussion of
services priorities for 2024, irc.liberachat.org #overseers

To get the right time in your local timezone:
$ date -d "Fri Mar 8 18:00:00 UTC 2024"

In 2022 we published the Sourceware GNU Toolchain Infrastructure
Roadmap [1]. And showed we could provide new services like patchwork,
buildbot, public-inbox and the snapshots server to help the community
become more efficient.

In 2023 we celebrated the Sourceware 25 Roadmap [2] and joined the
Software Freedom Conservancy as member project [3]. Showing we could
grow while diversifying hardware and service partners and raising
funds with a fiscal sponsor.

For 2024 we [4] want to concentrate on isolating and scaling the
services. In the last two years we doubled the number of machines (and
more are on the way!) that we run the services on. And some of the new
services are already setup in containers or on isolated VMs. But most
of the services are still isolated through traditional unix
mechanisms. Moving those into their own container or VM will help
scaling by making it easy to move between separate physical machines.

But we of course want to do this in a way that doesn't disrupt any
services or causes a messy migration. And we want the projects to be
in control. So please come and discuss your projects priorities and
essentials.

For this meeting we will also have a BBB meeting room:
https://bbb.sfconservancy.org/b/mar-aom-dmo-fko
(But the real discussion will be in the irc channel)

[1] https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2022/06/22/sourceware-gnu-toolchain-infrastructure-roadmap/
[2] https://sourceware.org/sourceware-25-roadmap.html
[3] https://sfconservancy.org/news/2023/may/15/sourceware-joins-sfc/
[4] https://sourceware.org/mission.html#plc

* Re: Sourceware Open Office, Friday 18:00 UTC, don't feel isolated
@ 2024-03-25  5:55 최종석
From: 최종석 @ 2024-03-25  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: binutils, gcc, gdb, libc-alpha, overseers