* frysk wiki has odd error message
@ 2020-09-15 16:58 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2020-09-15 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I got a sourceware.org domain report from Google.

The URL http://sourceware.org/frysk/wiki does to a page that says the
following.  We should probably either fix this or remove the page
entirely.

Thanks.

Ian

ConfigurationError

data_dir "/wiki/frysk/data" does not exist, or has incorrect ownership or
permissions.

Make sure the directory and the subdirectory "pages" are owned by the web
server and are readable, writable and executable by the web server user
and group.

It is recommended to use absolute paths and not relative paths. Check
also the spelling of the directory name.

* Re: frysk wiki has odd error message
@ 2020-09-15 17:21 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2020-09-15 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2020-09-15 at 09:58 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor via Overseers
wrote:
> I got a sourceware.org domain report from Google.
>
> The URL http://sourceware.org/frysk/wiki does to a page that says the
> following.  We should probably either fix this or remove the page
> entirely.

I tried to fix up the permissions, but then noticed that
/wiki/frysk/data/pages contains 30.000+ pages, almost all of which look
like spam. Sigh. Probably best to remove the whole wiki.

Note that the cgen and ecos wikis are in the same state.

Shall I simply remove those wikis?
Or does anybody want to try to clean them up?

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: frysk wiki has odd error message
@ 2020-09-15 17:28   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2020-09-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> I tried to fix up the permissions, but then noticed that
> /wiki/frysk/data/pages contains 30.000+ pages, almost all of which look
> like spam. Sigh. Probably best to remove the whole wiki.
> Note that the cgen and ecos wikis are in the same state.

Yes, back before we locked down the moinmoin wikis with EditorGroup
type ACLs, they were ALL inundated by spam, including the heavily used
ones too like gcc.

> Shall I simply remove those wikis?
> Or does anybody want to try to clean them up?

... or can leave them as is, as long as there is no local link into
the spam pages, people here won't be any wiser.  Perhaps someone can
figure out a way of despamming them at some point - doing it by hand
is just too big a job.

- FChE

* Re: frysk wiki has odd error message
@ 2020-09-16 10:55     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2020-09-16 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2020-09-15 at 13:28 -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> I tried to fix up the permissions, but then noticed that
> > /wiki/frysk/data/pages contains 30.000+ pages, almost all of which look
> > like spam. Sigh. Probably best to remove the whole wiki.
> > Note that the cgen and ecos wikis are in the same state.
>
> Yes, back before we locked down the moinmoin wikis with EditorGroup
> type ACLs, they were ALL inundated by spam, including the heavily used
> ones too like gcc.
>
> > Shall I simply remove those wikis?
> > Or does anybody want to try to clean them up?
>
> ... or can leave them as is, as long as there is no local link into
> the spam pages, people here won't be any wiser.  Perhaps someone can
> figure out a way of despamming them at some point - doing it by hand
> is just too big a job.

OK. I left them as is and set the permissions on the pages directory to
rw for apache only. I couldn't edit any pages without being logged in
and couldn't create a new user (ecos simply never sent any email, frysk
and cgen threw an exception). Note that the ecos wiki is totally empty
at the moment (and redirects to ecos.sourceware.org/wiki).

Cheers,

Mark