* OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 11:48 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-12-02 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Here is a quick snip from the Open SHH mailing list.

<SNIP>

> I don't believe that OpenSSH portable CVS tree is public at this point.

I am working on getting a well-connected box to host a public CVS tree,
until then offers of hosting for anonymous-only CVS will be
entertained :)

</SNIP>

The BSD version of OpenSSH uses the BSD CVS, but the portable
version of not currently accessible via CVS. Could we give
them a home on sources? We already ship this code in
Red Hat 7 and Cygwin.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 11:53   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-02 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: overseers, Corinna Vinschen

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 11:48:20AM -0800, Mo DeJong wrote:
>Here is a quick snip from the Open SHH mailing list.
>
><SNIP>
>
>> I don't believe that OpenSSH portable CVS tree is public at this point.
>
>I am working on getting a well-connected box to host a public CVS tree,
>until then offers of hosting for anonymous-only CVS will be
>entertained :)
>
></SNIP>
>
>The BSD version of OpenSSH uses the BSD CVS, but the portable
>version of not currently accessible via CVS. Could we give
>them a home on sources? We already ship this code in
>Red Hat 7 and Cygwin.

I think that this is a great idea.  Corinna Vinschen has actually been
working with the maintainers so maybe she could make the offer, if we
decide that this is a good thing.

My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone
through the effort of getting sources.redhat.com approved for OpenSSH but
maybe we should check first.

cgf

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 13:32     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-02 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Mo DeJong, overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >The BSD version of OpenSSH uses the BSD CVS, but the portable
> >version of not currently accessible via CVS. Could we give
> >them a home on sources? We already ship this code in
> >Red Hat 7 and Cygwin.
>
> I think that this is a great idea.  Corinna Vinschen has actually been
> working with the maintainers so maybe she could make the offer, if we
> decide that this is a good thing.

I agree this is a good thing.

> My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
> that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone

Nope. OpenSSH itself is free of export restrictions since the
concerned algorithms are not part of OpenSSH but part of OpenSSL.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 14:23       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen; +Cc: Mo DeJong, overseers

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 10:32:34PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >The BSD version of OpenSSH uses the BSD CVS, but the portable
>> >version of not currently accessible via CVS. Could we give
>> >them a home on sources? We already ship this code in
>> >Red Hat 7 and Cygwin.
>>
>> I think that this is a great idea.  Corinna Vinschen has actually been
>> working with the maintainers so maybe she could make the offer, if we
>> decide that this is a good thing.
>
>I agree this is a good thing.
>
>> My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
>> that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone
>
>Nope. OpenSSH itself is free of export restrictions since the
>concerned algorithms are not part of OpenSSH but part of OpenSSL.

Good news.  Does someone want to approach them?

cgf

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 14:31         ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-12-02 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Corinna Vinschen, overseers

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> I think that this is a great idea.  Corinna Vinschen has actually been
> >> working with the maintainers so maybe she could make the offer, if we
> >> decide that this is a good thing.
> >
> >I agree this is a good thing.
> >
> >> My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
> >> that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone
> >
> >Nope. OpenSSH itself is free of export restrictions since the
> >concerned algorithms are not part of OpenSSH but part of OpenSSL.
>
> Good news.  Does someone want to approach them?
>
> cgf

Corinna, would you like to take care of it. If not, I can
post a note to the openssh mailing list.

Mo

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 14:34         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-02 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Mo DeJong, overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 10:32:34PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
> >> that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone
> >
> >Nope. OpenSSH itself is free of export restrictions since the
> >concerned algorithms are not part of OpenSSH but part of OpenSSL.
>
> Good news.  Does someone want to approach them?

If we have a consensus to offer sources.redhat.com as CVS home,
I would contact the maintainers.

Corinna

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-02 15:22           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-12-02 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: Christopher Faylor, overseers

Mo DeJong wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Good news.  Does someone want to approach them?
>
> Corinna, would you like to take care of it. If not, I can
> post a note to the openssh mailing list.

Done.

Corinna

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-30  6:08       ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Corinna Vinschen, overseers

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> I think that this is a great idea.  Corinna Vinschen has actually been
> >> working with the maintainers so maybe she could make the offer, if we
> >> decide that this is a good thing.
> >
> >I agree this is a good thing.
> >
> >> My only concern is whether there are some kind of export restrictions
> >> that we have to deal with.  I would guess not, since we've already gone
> >
> >Nope. OpenSSH itself is free of export restrictions since the
> >concerned algorithms are not part of OpenSSH but part of OpenSSL.
>
> Good news.  Does someone want to approach them?
>
> cgf

Corinna, would you like to take care of it. If not, I can
post a note to the openssh mailing list.

Mo

* Re: OpenSSH (Portable version) Needs a home.
@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Christopher Faylor
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen; +Cc: Mo DeJong, overseers