* Bugzilla account creation disabled on sourceware.org
@ 2016-07-29 20:24 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2016-07-29 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

Hi,

a user just reported that they could not file a bug because they could
not create an account.  Indeed, I currently do not see the “New Account”
option on <https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/>.

Would it be possible to re-enable self-service account creation?

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Bugzilla account creation disabled on sourceware.org
@ 2016-07-29 23:38 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2016-07-29 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer, overseers; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

On 07/29/2016 04:24 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a user just reported that they could not file a bug because they
> could not create an account.  Indeed, I currently do not see the “New
> Account” option on <https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/>.
>
> Would it be possible to re-enable self-service account creation?

Just to close the loop here, the createemailregexp has been restored
to ".*" to allow users to create accounts again.

I'll be monitoring the bugzilla traffic to cleanup spammy bug
reports. Since such new accounts can't edit existing bugs anymore.

The long term goal we believe needs to be bugzilla5 integration
with something like Akismet to do machine-moderated comment posting.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.