* public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-14 12:48 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2008-01-14 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

since I didn't find any information on how to add another (or, if necessary
replace the existing) public key for write access to both binutils/gdb and
gcc, I'm hoping that this is an appropriate channel to get this carried out.

The new public key to add is

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEA3tTP3S5GrFiuMHYi+X2TYO5rGIhsd4V5L54FhkwvTqYfTrbnWz/k2iDKQJgEsXSdepmL+Y7c+upDLo31v7d4WZWPJ35Ob9KwEtIaXnmb3mZiMbsazLFOhdm5A+09lUn/yQML2ms6J4zxuiRnAgyO/B/I6appKStJAoSQECBZkuk= jbeulich@dus-dev-sles10d

Simply connecting through ssh doesn't appear to work (ssh terminates
after a minute or so without ever fully establishing a connection).

Thank you very much,
Jan

* Re: public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-17 12:16 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-01-17 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: overseers

Jan Beulich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I didn't find any information on how to add another (or, if necessary
> replace the existing) public key for write access to both binutils/gdb and
> gcc, I'm hoping that this is an appropriate channel to get this carried out.
>
> The new public key to add is
>
> ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIEA3tTP3S5GrFiuMHYi+X2TYO5rGIhsd4V5L54FhkwvTqYfTrbnWz/k2iDKQJgEsXSdepmL+Y7c+upDLo31v7d4WZWPJ35Ob9KwEtIaXnmb3mZiMbsazLFOhdm5A+09lUn/yQML2ms6J4zxuiRnAgyO/B/I6appKStJAoSQECBZkuk= jbeulich@dus-dev-sles10d
>
> Simply connecting through ssh doesn't appear to work (ssh terminates
> after a minute or so without ever fully establishing a connection).

I have added the above key in addition to the existing one. Note that your
ssh connections to sourceware are not intended to provide you with a shell,
if that's what you were expecting - instead they are expected to be used
with cvs/svn/git/hg etc.

If you want to test if it is working, you can run "ssh sourceware.org alive".

Jifl

* Re: public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-17 13:37   ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2008-01-17 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers

>I have added the above key in addition to the existing one. Note that your
>ssh connections to sourceware are not intended to provide you with a shell,
>if that's what you were expecting - instead they are expected to be used
>with cvs/svn/git/hg etc.

Yes, I had hoped that I could help myself here rather than having to ask
someone to do the addition...

It's working fine now, thanks!

@ 2008-01-17 16:10     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-01-17 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Jan Beulich, Jonathan Larmour

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 12:16:16PM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>I have added the above key in addition to the existing one. Note that your
>>ssh connections to sourceware are not intended to provide you with a shell,
>>if that's what you were expecting - instead they are expected to be used
>>with cvs/svn/git/hg etc.
>
>Yes, I had hoped that I could help myself here rather than having to ask
>someone to do the addition...
>
>It's working fine now, thanks!

Actually, if you can already access sourceware, you can update your key via:

ssh sourceware.org updatekey < key

cgf

* Re: public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-18 15:52       ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2008-01-18 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, Christopher Faylor, overseers

>On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 12:16:16PM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>>I have added the above key in addition to the existing one. Note that your
>>>if that's what you were expecting - instead they are expected to be used
>>>with cvs/svn/git/hg etc.
>>
>>Yes, I had hoped that I could help myself here rather than having to ask
>>someone to do the addition...
>>
>>It's working fine now, thanks!
>
>Actually, if you can already access sourceware, you can update your key via:
>
>ssh sourceware.org updatekey < key

Which would replace or add the new key? Is this documented somewhere
that I have missed?

@ 2008-01-18 20:49         ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-01-18 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: overseers

Jan Beulich wrote:
>>> Yes, I had hoped that I could help myself here rather than having to ask
>>> someone to do the addition...
>>>
>>> It's working fine now, thanks!
>> Actually, if you can already access sourceware, you can update your key via:
>>
>> ssh sourceware.org updatekey < key
>
> Which would replace or add the new key? Is this documented somewhere
> that I have missed?

It would replace. It's documented on the GCC project's pages, but if it's
documented for sourceware then I don't know where. I'm not sure where I'd
document it even if I wanted to. For now, I'll add it to the new user
instructions I think.

Jifl

* Re: public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-20 14:47           ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-01-20 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Jan Beulich, Jonathan Larmour

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 03:51:47PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>Jan Beulich wrote:

>>> Actually, if you can already access sourceware, you can update your key via:
>>>
>>> ssh sourceware.org updatekey < key
>>
>> Which would replace or add the new key? Is this documented somewhere
>> that I have missed?
>
>It would replace.

Actually, it would add:

open(AUTHKEYS, '>>', $ssh_authorized_keys) or
        bye(LOG_ERROUT, "couldn't write to $ssh_authorized_keys");

cgf

* Re: public/private key change/addition
@ 2008-01-21  8:26             ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-01-21  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 03:51:47PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
>>Jan Beulich wrote:
>>>Which would replace or add the new key? Is this documented somewhere
>>>that I have missed?
>>
>>It would replace.
>

> Actually, it would add:
>
> open(AUTHKEYS, '>>', $ssh_authorized_keys) or
>         bye(LOG_ERROUT, "couldn't write to $ssh_authorized_keys");

Doh, I was looking at the tmp file evidently. I've updated the create-user
script accordingly.

Jifl