* Account for write-access to gcc source tree
@ 2008-02-10 19:28 George Helffrich
From: George Helffrich @ 2008-02-10 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: paolo.bonzini, bonzini

Dear Overseers -

	I am registered with FSF for contributing patches to gcc, but do not
have an account for write access.  Over the years, 2000-present, I have
contributed perhaps a half-dozen patches to gdb, and gcc components
(Fortran  as g77 and in future gfortran).  More recently, I have had a
patch to gcc remain approved yet uncommitted for over three years.  An
active maintainer suggested that I ask for an account to remedy this
problem, hence this e-mail.

	My gcc and gdb release forms are signed by me and dated 27 Aug. 2001
for gcc and 5 June 2002 for gdb, and both are signed by Bradley Kuhn.

	Please let me know how to proceed.

								George Helffrich
								george@geology.bristol.ac.uk

* Re: Account for write-access to gcc source tree
@ 2008-02-10 19:31 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2008-02-10 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Helffrich; +Cc: Sourceware Overseers

Hi -

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 07:09:11PM +0000, George Helffrich wrote:

> [...]  An active maintainer suggested that I ask for an account to
> remedy this problem, hence this e-mail. [...]

Please ask a "global write maintainer" to sponsor a new
sourceware/gcc.gnu.org account for you.

- FChE

* Re: Account for write-access to gcc source tree
@ 2008-02-10 19:44   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-02-10 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware Overseers, Frank Ch. Eigler, George Helffrich

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 02:27:12PM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>Hi -
>
>On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 07:09:11PM +0000, George Helffrich wrote:
>
>> [...]  An active maintainer suggested that I ask for an account to
>> remedy this problem, hence this e-mail. [...]
>
>Please ask a "global write maintainer" to sponsor a new
>sourceware/gcc.gnu.org account for you.

and then fill out this form:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

cgf

* Re: Account for write-access to gcc source tree
@ 2008-02-10 20:02 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2008-02-10 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Helffrich; +Cc: overseers, paolo.bonzini

George Helffrich wrote:
> Dear Overseers -
>
>     I am registered with FSF for contributing patches to gcc, but do not
> have an account for write access.  Over the years, 2000-present, I have
> contributed perhaps a half-dozen patches to gdb, and gcc components
> (Fortran  as g77 and in future gfortran).  More recently, I have had a
> patch to gcc remain approved yet uncommitted for over three years.  An
> active maintainer suggested that I ask for an account to remedy this
> problem, hence this e-mail.

I sponsor George's CVS write access to both gcc and src, and confirm
that he has papers on file.

Paolo