* Write permission but connection refused
@ 2010-06-16  5:11 Douglas B Rupp
From: Douglas B Rupp @ 2010-06-16  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I can no longer make check ins to the gcc repository, it's been a few
months since my last check in, which worked fine.

I get:
ssh: connect to host gcc.gnu.org port 22: Connection refused
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

This has been going on for at least 4 hours.

anonymous access works fine.

I'm "rupp@gcc.gnu.org"
My IP address is 66.82.73.249

This may be related to the fact that I first tried to do my check in
from a new computer and got a Permission Denied message. Maybe you
blackballed my IP address??

Please help.

--Douglas Rupp
rupp@gnat.com

* Re: Write permission but connection refused
@ 2010-06-16  6:05 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-06-16  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas B Rupp; +Cc: overseers

Douglas B Rupp <rupp@gnat.com> writes:

> I can no longer make check ins to the gcc repository, it's been a few
> months since my last check in, which worked fine.
>
> I get:
> ssh: connect to host gcc.gnu.org port 22: Connection refused
> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
> This has been going on for at least 4 hours.
>
> anonymous access works fine.
>
> I'm "rupp@gcc.gnu.org"
> My IP address is 66.82.73.249
>
> This may be related to the fact that I first tried to do my check in
> from a new computer and got a Permission Denied message. Maybe you
> blackballed my IP address??

If we blackballed your IP address, then anonymous access wouldn't work
either.

What does "ssh -v" say?

Since it is a new computer, doublecheck that you copied your SSH private
key from your old computer.

Ian

* Re: Write permission but connection refused
@ 2010-06-16  6:30   ` Douglas B Rupp
From: Douglas B Rupp @ 2010-06-16  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Douglas B Rupp <rupp@gnat.com> writes:
>
>> I can no longer make check ins to the gcc repository, it's been a few
>> months since my last check in, which worked fine.
>>
>> I get:
>> ssh: connect to host gcc.gnu.org port 22: Connection refused
>> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>>
>> This has been going on for at least 4 hours.
>>
>> anonymous access works fine.
>>
>> I'm "rupp@gcc.gnu.org"
>> My IP address is 66.82.73.249
>>
>> This may be related to the fact that I first tried to do my check in
>> from a new computer and got a Permission Denied message. Maybe you
>> blackballed my IP address??
>
> If we blackballed your IP address, then anonymous access wouldn't work
> either.
>
> What does "ssh -v" say?
>
> Since it is a new computer, doublecheck that you copied your SSH private
> key from your old computer.
>
> Ian

This connection refused is from my old computer (Suse Linux)
The final goal is to get it working from my new computer (Ubuntu Linux)
but I'm not a sysadmin and don't know much about the different ssh
versions. I see two private keys on my old computer in ~/.ssh
"identity" and "id_dsa"

On old computer
ssh -v says:
OpenSSH_3_9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

On new computer
ssh -v says:
OpenSSH_4_7p1 Debian-8ubuntu1.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

* Re: Write permission but connection refused
@ 2010-06-16  6:41     ` Douglas B Rupp
From: Douglas B Rupp @ 2010-06-16  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Douglas B Rupp, overseers

Douglas B Rupp wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Douglas B Rupp <rupp@gnat.com> writes:
>>
>>> I can no longer make check ins to the gcc repository, it's been a few
>>> months since my last check in, which worked fine.
>>>
>>> I get:
>>> ssh: connect to host gcc.gnu.org port 22: Connection refused
>>> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>>>
>>> This has been going on for at least 4 hours.
>>>
>>> anonymous access works fine.
>>>
>>> I'm "rupp@gcc.gnu.org"
>>> My IP address is 66.82.73.249
>>>
>>> This may be related to the fact that I first tried to do my check in
>>> from a new computer and got a Permission Denied message. Maybe you
>>> blackballed my IP address??
>>
>> If we blackballed your IP address, then anonymous access wouldn't work
>> either.
>>
>> What does "ssh -v" say?
>>
>> Since it is a new computer, doublecheck that you copied your SSH private
>> key from your old computer.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> This connection refused is from my old computer (Suse Linux)
> The final goal is to get it working from my new computer (Ubuntu Linux)
> but I'm not a sysadmin and don't know much about the different ssh
> versions. I see two private keys on my old computer in ~/.ssh
> "identity" and "id_dsa"
>
> On old computer
> ssh -v says:
> OpenSSH_3_9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
>
> On new computer
> ssh -v says:
> OpenSSH_4_7p1 Debian-8ubuntu1.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

I copied "id_dsa" from the old computer to the the new computer and I
get the following error when executing
"svn co svn+ssh://rupp@gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/gcc"
Permission denied

@ 2010-06-16 13:10     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-06-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas B Rupp; +Cc: overseers

Douglas B Rupp <rupp@gnat.com> writes:

> On old computer
> ssh -v says:
> OpenSSH_3_9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
>
> On new computer
> ssh -v says:
> OpenSSH_4_7p1 Debian-8ubuntu1.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

Sorry, try:
    ssh -v rupp@gcc.gnu.org alive

Ian

* Re: Write permission but connection refused
@ 2010-06-16 19:46       ` Douglas B Rupp
From: Douglas B Rupp @ 2010-06-16 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Problem fixed on new computer, don't know why it now works there but not
on the old computer.

I copied "identity" from old to new computer, and it magically started
working. It still doesn't work on my old computer as it used to, but I
don't really care (unless you want me to keep investigating).

--Doug