* Bug database write permissions
       [not found] <20110130180606.26118.qmail@sourceware.org>
@ 2011-02-01 13:38 ` Sebastien Bourdeauducq
From: Sebastien Bourdeauducq @ 2011-02-01 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: green

Hi,

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 18:06 +0000, root@sourceware.org wrote:
> Your account is now active, the login name is lekernel@gcc.gnu.org.
(...)
> You have been assigned edit rights to the gcc Bugzilla bug reporting
> database.

There seems to be some problem with that, as I cannot edit bug reports
and the "Permissions" tab in my account settings says "There are no
permission bits set on your account.". Could you help me with this
issue?
The subversion write access works correctly.

Thank you,
Sébastien

* Re: Bug database write permissions
@ 2011-02-01 14:23   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-02-01 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Bourdeauducq; +Cc: overseers, green, lpsolit

Sebastien Bourdeauducq <sebastien@milkymist.org> writes:

> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 18:06 +0000, root@sourceware.org wrote:
>> Your account is now active, the login name is lekernel@gcc.gnu.org.
> (...)
>> You have been assigned edit rights to the gcc Bugzilla bug reporting
>> database.
>
> There seems to be some problem with that, as I cannot edit bug reports
> and the "Permissions" tab in my account settings says "There are no
> permission bits set on your account.". Could you help me with this
> issue?
> The subversion write access works correctly.

I've confirmed that the user ID lekernel@gcc.gnu.org does not have any
Bugzilla permissions, but the ID does match the regexps.  Does anybody
know what is going wrong here?  Could this have anything to do with the
recent bugzilla upgrade?  Is there some other step we need to take after
adding an account to make the group regexps apply to it?

Ian

* Re: Bug database write permissions
@ 2011-02-01 18:00     ` Frédéric Buclin
From: Frédéric Buclin @ 2011-02-01 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Sebastien Bourdeauducq, overseers, green

> I've confirmed that the user ID lekernel@gcc.gnu.org does not have any
> Bugzilla permissions, but the ID does match the regexps.  Does anybody
> know what is going wrong here?

Did you use the Bugzilla web interface to create this user account?
Because I just edited this account, and all credentials have been
updated correctly.

Frédéric

* Re: Bug database write permissions
@ 2011-02-01 19:11       ` Sebastien Bourdeauducq
From: Sebastien Bourdeauducq @ 2011-02-01 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LpSolit; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers, green

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 19:00 +0100, Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> > I've confirmed that the user ID lekernel@gcc.gnu.org does not have any
> > Bugzilla permissions, but the ID does match the regexps.  Does anybody
> > know what is going wrong here?
>
> Did you use the Bugzilla web interface to create this user account?

No, I didn't.

> Because I just edited this account, and all credentials have been
> updated correctly.

It works now. Thank you!

@ 2011-02-01 19:25         ` Frédéric Buclin
From: Frédéric Buclin @ 2011-02-01 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Bourdeauducq; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers, green

>> Did you use the Bugzilla web interface to create this user account?
>
> No, I didn't.

Ah, this would explain why. If you don't use Bugzilla official methods
to create a user account, you should expect problems like this. How did
you create your account, then?

Frédéric

* Re: Bug database write permissions
@ 2011-02-01 19:50           ` Sebastien Bourdeauducq
From: Sebastien Bourdeauducq @ 2011-02-01 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LpSolit; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers, green

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 20:25 +0100, Frédéric Buclin wrote:
> >> Did you use the Bugzilla web interface to create this user account?
> >
> > No, I didn't.
>
> Ah, this would explain why. If you don't use Bugzilla official methods
> to create a user account, you should expect problems like this. How did
> you create your account, then?

I just submitted the form at
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi (as specified on
http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html) and got back an email with GCC
Bugzilla credentials that were supposed to have write permissions into
the bug database (copied below).

S.

===
From: 	root@sourceware.org
To: 	lekernel@sourceware.org
Cc: 	green@moxielogic.com
Subject: 	Welcome to gcc.gnu.org
Date: 	30 Jan 2011 18:06:06 -0000 (01/30/2011 07:06:06 PM)

Your account is now active, the login name is lekernel@gcc.gnu.org.
Mail sent to that address is forwarded to sebastien@milkymist.org.
This forwarding is a convenience so that people who reply directly to
SVN
commit mail notes will not get a bounce--publicize it at your own risk.
If your involvement with the project ends at some point, the mail
address
will become invalid and I will laugh evilly as people try in vain to
reach you.

You have been assigned edit rights to the gcc Bugzilla bug reporting
database.  Your password is lekernelpass. Please change it as soon as
possible.

You should now have write access to the gcc repository with
SSH+SVN.  Here are lots of details about how to do things.

You don't have general shell access, just SVN remote access.  Just about
everything can be done via SVN.  If there is some special requirement
that you have where you need shell access, talk to your project's lead
and have them talk to overseers@gcc.gnu.org.  In special cases,
we can be flexible on this requirement.

If at some point you wish to update your ssh key, you can do so with
the following command:

    % ssh gcc.gnu.org appendkey < publickeyfile

This will append 'publickeyfile' (usually ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub or
~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) to your existing allowed ssh keys. If you have
entirely lost your old ssh key, then grovel to overseers@gcc.gnu.org
and someone may take pity on you. If you suspect your key has been
compromised, let the overseers know as soon as possible.

SVN  SVN is used for revision control.  If you are not familiar with
SVN,
     you have some reading to do.

     http://subversion.tigris.org/ is the central source for all
     things SVN.  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ has some useful general
     documentation on SVN. http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html says more
     about GCC's SVN access.

     To avoid the nuisance of having to supply your passphrase for each
     operation, you may want to use ssh-agent(1) followed by ssh-add(1)
     and entering your passphrase once for all.  Either start your
     session as a child of ssh-agent or run it as a demon and set the
     values of the environment variables SSH_AUTHENTICATION_SOCKET and
     SSH_AGENT_PID in each relevant process to what ssh-agent prints
     when it starts.  To avoid messages about (lack of) X11 forwarding,
     put in your $HOME/.ssh/config and entry like:

        Host gcc.gnu.org
        ForwardX11 no

SVN COMMIT MESSAGES
     You can get e-mail notifications for when things are checked in to
     your group's repository.  There are two notification mailing lists,
     one for the web pages for your project and one for the project
     source files.  To subscribe to your source-file-notification list,
     send a message to

         gcc-cvs-subscribe@gcc.gnu.org

     To get on a digest of the above list (get one note a day), send a
     note to

         gcc-cvs-digest-subscribe@gcc.gnu.org

     The body/Subject are ignored in these messages.  The From: address
     is the one you a requesting to subscribe.  To request an arbitrary
     address be subscribed, say foo@bar.com, send a note like this:

         gcc-cvs-subscribe-foo=bar.com@gcc.gnu.org

     If your project has a web page, then there is a second mailing
     list for notifications about changes to them.  The addresses are
     just like the above ones except they include "-webpages" after the
     project name.  For instance,

         gcc-cvs-wwwdocs-subscribe@gcc.gnu.org

     If this is all a little confusing, just use the all-doing
     auto-subscriber at <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/>.

CVSWEB You can browse changes that are being made to the SVN repository
by
     going to

        http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/

HTTP All of the web pages on http://gcc.gnu.org are
     also under CVS.  You can create a home page (if one doesn't already
     exist) for gcc by putting files in the htdocs/ directory of
     the wwwdocs CVS module.  They will appear instantly (within three
     or four seconds, anyway) at http://gcc.gnu.org

If anything is unanswered, please ask your project mailing list.

* Re: Bug database write permissions
@ 2011-02-01 20:14             ` Frédéric Buclin
From: Frédéric Buclin @ 2011-02-01 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Bourdeauducq; +Cc: Ian Lance Taylor, overseers, green

> I just submitted the form at
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi (as specified on
> http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html) and got back an email with GCC
> Bugzilla credentials that were supposed to have write permissions into
> the bug database (copied below).

Yeah, I just updated the broken script. Should work like a charm, now. :)

Frédéric