* email address change
@ 2011-12-12 16:35 Hari Sandanagobalane
From: Hari Sandanagobalane @ 2011-12-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

  Hello,
I have a login to gcc SVN and I am quitting my current employer. Would
you be able to change the forwarding email address, please?

Currently it is

hariharans@picochip.com

hariharan.gcc@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers
Hari

* Re: email address change
@ 2011-12-12 17:20 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-12-12 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hari Sandanagobalane; +Cc: overseers

Hari Sandanagobalane <hariharans@picochip.com> writes:

> I have a login to gcc SVN and I am quitting my current employer. Would
> you be able to change the forwarding email address, please?
>
> Currently it is
>
> hariharans@picochip.com

> hariharan.gcc@gmail.com

You can do this yourself by running

ssh sourceware.org email <NEW-ADDRESS>

Ian

* Re: email address change
@ 2011-12-14 11:27   ` Hari Sandanagobalane
From: Hari Sandanagobalane @ 2011-12-14 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 12/12/11 17:20, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Hari Sandanagobalane<hariharans@picochip.com>  writes:
>
>> I have a login to gcc SVN and I am quitting my current employer. Would
>> you be able to change the forwarding email address, please?
>>
>> Currently it is
>>
>> hariharans@picochip.com

>> hariharan.gcc@gmail.com
> You can do this yourself by running
>
> ssh sourceware.org email<NEW-ADDRESS>

Done. Thanks a lot, Ian.

Cheers
Hari

> Ian

* Re: email address change
@ 2011-12-14 11:35   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2011-12-14 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hari Sandanagobalane; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> You can do this yourself by running
>
> ssh sourceware.org email <NEW-ADDRESS>

Which is documented at

  http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html#account

by the way.  Hari, how could we make this more visible / easy to
find for cases like this?  What would have worked for you?

Gerald

* Re: email address change
@ 2011-12-14 11:51     ` Hari Sandanagobalane
From: Hari Sandanagobalane @ 2011-12-14 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Hariharan Sandanagobalane, overseers

On 14/12/11 11:35, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> You can do this yourself by running
>>
>> ssh sourceware.org email<NEW-ADDRESS>
> Which is documented at
>
>    http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html#account
>
> by the way.  Hari, how could we make this more visible / easy to
> find for cases like this?  What would have worked for you?
Hello Gerald,
I looked at the initial email when i got the login. It said

"The mail forwarding is for convenience and I will laugh evilly when
your email no longer works".

I then went to the original form I filled.
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

It said send email to overseers if you already have an account.

I should have checked the svnwrite webpage you mention. It is linked
just off the main gcc page. Maybe a note to this effect in the
introduction email or the form would help. It definitely would have
worked for me.

Thanks
Hari

> Gerald