* Fwd: [GCCWIKI] password reset borken?
       [not found] <016b01c7252c$045f4650$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
@ 2006-12-21 20:05 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2006-12-21 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

IIRC, we connect by smtp to gcc.gnu.org for this wiki.

I can have it auth if you are concerned, but the connection should be
coming *from* gcc.gnu.org anyway :)

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-12-21 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Berlin

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:05:31PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>IIRC, we connect by smtp to gcc.gnu.org for this wiki.
>
>I can have it auth if you are concerned, but the connection should be
>coming *from* gcc.gnu.org anyway :)

I'm sorry but I think you're going to have to provide a few more
details.  You obviously can send local email on
sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org so, unless this is clear to someone else, we
need to know what this is trying to do.

I did try this just to verify that it worked:

  % telnet localhost smtp
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  220 sourceware.org ESMTP qpsmtpd 0.31 ready; send us your mail, but not your spam.
  ehlo gcc.gnu.org
  550 Sorry, I don't believe that you are gcc.gnu.org.
  ehlo sourceware.org
  250-sourceware.org Hi server1.sourceware.org [127.0.0.1]
  250-PIPELINING
  250 8BITMIME
  mail from: <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>
  250 <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>, sender OK - how exciting to get mail from you!
  rcpt to: <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>
  250 <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>, recipient ok
  data
  354 go ahead
  From: CgF <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>
  To: cGf <cgf-YOUKNOW-gcc.gnu.org>
  Subject: Trying email

  hello. this should work.

  .
  250 Queued! 1166737690 qp 12199 <>

cgf

* Re: Fwd: [GCCWIKI] password reset borken?
@ 2006-12-21 22:47     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2006-12-21 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Berlin

On 12/21/06, Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:05:31PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >IIRC, we connect by smtp to gcc.gnu.org for this wiki.
> >
> >I can have it auth if you are concerned, but the connection should be
> >coming *from* gcc.gnu.org anyway :)
>
> I'm sorry but I think you're going to have to provide a few more
> details.  You obviously can send local email on
> sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org so, unless this is clear to someone else, we
> need to know what this is trying to do.

Err, as far as i know, it makes a smtp connection to gcc.gnu.org, not localhost.
This is probably a different interface :)

Should i change that?